Low water

RutlandMike

www.sam2.us
Anyone know when we can expect the water levels to increase a bit south of Bray? Very low at the mo and some boats are grounding on our moorings (Windsor) now. Concerned for my props!

byron

RIP
Visit site
Report the matter to the NRA. They must be allowing too much water down through the sluices.... or your moorings need dredging.

Brierley

Visit site
Nope, not in the Jubilee. We were walking by the Jubilee on Saturday and the levels are dropping rapidly. Lots more little islands appearing and the weirs are much gentler than they have been. Think the lack of rain, plus long hot days and lots of wind are drying things up pretty fast.

RutlandMike

www.sam2.us
Spoke with them today and they're keeping it low to permit welding/concreting at a couple of the locks. Very vague when it would be coming up again. They said they would put a few more inches in it if they could. Let's hope!

DogsBody

Visit site
Well, if its low water at Windsor that you are worried about, then I guess the lock works the EA must have been talking about were those at Bray. In which case guess you'd better have some wheels fitted to the bottom of your boat as I don't believe they are due to finish those works until June!

Darren.

Brayman

Visit site
Should be alright Andrew. There are enough boats from Bray and Windsor marinas going up to Henley this weekend for the Thames Valley Rally, A channel will be well and truly dug - providing Bray lock doesn't break down again!

DogsBody

Visit site
Re: Andrew_Fanner

I would think you'll be fine as Ian says.

I went from Bray to Cookham myself last weekend and had no problem with water depth, unless its dropped since then (in which case I'll be one of the boats Brayman was talking about digging a channel).

You just need to be wary of the waiting zone on the downriver side of Bray lock - there are/were some "interesting" currents there.

Did notice that I stirred up a lot of mud / silt going back into my mooring on Sunday but didn't bottom out, guess it must be a bit shallower where the OP is moored.

Darren.