Lovely sailing day today.

Geoff A

Visit site
Lovely sailing day today. A gentle breeze and very little swell. I have recently brought a new to me 28ft sailing boat, today was my second outing in it. I have not sailed for at least 15 years, both times I have been out I have felt sea sick. WTF is going on as feeling sick is new to me. As I sail single handed this is something I can do without.

Metalicmike

Visit site
It will get better, Sir Francis Chichester use to sit at anchor for a few days to get his sea leg's, certain points of sail are worse than others so if you start feeling sick change course for a while or dowse the sails and run the engine.

William_H

Visit site
Congratulations on the new boat and first ventures out. I get sea sick yes but never as helmsman but then I don't venture into rough water any more. I am pleased you had nice weather.
I too had a good day yesterday. Beautiful weather but then it has been so for the last week and forecast same for next week. Boat was antifouled by son and crew, raised the mast and set up new stay wires then launched at club then motored to mooring. Always little problems like I left home a vital pin for gooseneck so main sail not fitted. Club opening day next Sunday so back to the madness. (Sunday afternoon racing) Best wishes ol'will

pandos

Visit site
I don't get sea sick as generally, I usually sail alone. This year on my third trip, after staying on board for several days and being out in terrible seas and wind, without any trouble, I felt a bit quasey on an easy day of sailing with a friend along. I think I was just too relaxed..

The cure was to nibble a few gingernut biscuits...and to take the helm...