Lovely Marina in Lanzarote - Puerto Calero

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I know Lanzarote is on the Atlantic and seas can get rough but this week not so. I was wondering if any forum members keep their boat in this Marina or any others in the Canaries

little video of one of our favourites places on the Island and some of Ella’s Pie

dfass

Visit site
Puerto Calero is a beautiful marina and we kept our Rustler 36 there for about 2 years. The price was reasonable (compared to the UK), no problem at all from Atlantic waves. We sailed to Marina Rubicon a few times and can recommend that too but preferred Puerto Calero.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Puerto Calero is a beautiful marina and we kept our Rustler 36 there for about 2 years. The price was reasonable (compared to the UK), no problem at all from Atlantic waves. We sailed to Marina Rubicon a few times and can recommend that too but preferred Puerto Calero.

What is the approx cost out of interest

Dino

Visit site
I know Puerto Calero very well. I used to holiday down the coast in Peurto Del Carmen for some winter sun. There’s a great walk from PDC to Calero along the cliffs.
It’s a very nice marina and popular with yachts. The transatlantic race starts from there and a few Volvo Ocean Race teams have used it as their training base for the build up to the race. I think I’d rather have a yacht based there than a mobo.

capnsensible

Visit site
we will certainly go there also
Hiya. Both marinas have got their plusses for me but Rubicon has many less ....minuses!

Lived aboard in Calero for a couple of years a while back. Then some time later in Rubicon. Now live ashore nearby.

In my opinion, Rubicon, with instant access to the Bocayna Straits, is much better for motor boats.

Hope you enjoy your visit. Try One Bar by the marina office overlooking the entrance channel. Top spot! Good tapas too.

Davy_S

Visit site
If you pick a rolly polly day, it is well worth getting the little ferry from the old town harbour (puerto del carmen) to puerto Calero, you can watch tourists throwing up!

capnsensible

Visit site
Is this the marina that was rebuilt for Jimmy Cornell’s Round the World Rally?

If so I visited quite some years ago while this was going on. They didn’t bother to charge us.
Not sure about that. How many years ago?

There has, for around 10? Years or so a big new marina on Arecife that a lot of rallies depart from.

Marina Lanzarote - Puerto deportivo en Lanzarote

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Who needs a submarine tour when you have some cheap flippers and a snorkel and mask. Taken today in Costa Taguise

Last edited: