Lost passport

charles_reed

Visit site
I was thinking about getting a replacement ,how long does it take. or is it easier to go to the UK
and go to Passport house or whatever it called in Liverpool.

Renewing my passport was far quicker (whilst in the UK) by our Madrid Embassy and considerably cheaper, than using the Main centre in Newport, and walking it through - as far as I know no Passport Office in Liverpool.
I applied through the internet to Madrid, had no problems and it all took about 3 weeks compared to 8-12 weeks by the UK office.

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
Officially, outside of UK you have to go through the FCO system here https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/overseas/information/greece/replace/adult. Takes 6-8 weeks according to the website. It used to be run in Madrid and had a six to ten day turn round....

Or you can get hold of a temporary travel document from the consulate in Athens to travel back to UK and go to the local passport office (there is one in Liverpool, used it often myself). Book ahead on the fast track system and for a simple replacement passport you can have it in your hand within a few hours.

Nite that you MUST report the loss of the passport to the Greek police and get a report from them so you can complete the LSO1 form. You'll also need that report for the consulate to cancel your existing passport before they'll issue a temporary travel document. Oh, and you'll need a couple of passport photos for the consulate as well. I had to go through all of this when I lost my passport a couple of years back.

macd

Visit site
As Duncan wrote. Starrting the ball rolling on this page will guide you: https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport.

Re Charles' comments: not much help to someone in Greece but there are passport agency offices all over the UK. Absolutely no need to go to Liverpool or Newport. Most, if not all, offer a very quick renewal service (at a price). My last one (in Durham) took less than 24 hours.