Los Gigantes, Tenerife

catman

Visit site
I operate a catamaran for skippered charter in Menorca, difficult to survive here due to short season. Looking to go to Canaries for winter season and like the look of Los Gigantes as a base. I've tried e-mail adresses as published by Tenerife Tourist Office but undeliverable. Does anyone have current e-mail address for Los Gigantes Marina? Any other advice on other suitable locations in Canaries would be very welcome.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Spacewaist

blog.mailasail.com
Pleasant shops surrounding quayside and a nice town above marina. Entrance can be dangerous in a strong NW swell when waves break across entrance. Not ideal for a man on a schedule. See for example, Anne Hammick's Atlantic Island Pilot (an RCC Foundation book).

Marina is full of local boats and not much room for visitors. Not a very friendly marina/harbour.

The big marina on the SW corner of Tenerife (Los Americas?) is worse on both counts even though it is several sizes bigger.

Most picturesque port I can recall is Puerto Mogan on the South of Gran Canaria - about 30 mins in a taxi from the Airport. A small town so provisioning comparatively basic. I berthed there for a few month once. Had a good Brit husbandry service called "Sunshine Maritime" I think. (Las Palmas on GC is quite a good compromise of accessibilty to airport and provisions, but a bit of a swell from a jet powered katamaran ferry (the swell has killed people in the past). One other drawback is that it is where the ARC still starts from (I think) so gets very busy fo 2-3 weeks!

There must be others I am sure.

<hr width=100% size=1>