Looking for sailing holiday

SimbaDog

Visit site
Can anyone suggest where I can find:
Family sailing holiday in Summer with some dinghy sailing & the option of some day sailing as well? Somewhere warm
Ideally a smaller more personal company.
Thanks

<hr width=100% size=1>

fastjedi

Visit site
Sunsail Beach Club - Not personel, but very professional, great kids clubs, warm, fantastic dinghies and the option of Day Yachts

<hr width=100% size=1>

phanakapan

Visit site
Try www.activity-holidays.co.uk they have a small hotel in Nidri, Lefkas, Greece and you can do day sailing in Drascombe luggers, or stay in the hotel while doing 3 days keelboat sailing/learning- we've done the flotilla holiday from there, it's certainly small and very friendly.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Scubafill

Visit site
We took a Sunsail shore based holiday in Turkey about 5 years ago, they had everything from windsefers to 30 ft yachts which were available for day sailing. Very family orientated with plenty to do if you wanted to take part.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Joe_Cole

Visit site
I went to Greece with Sailing Holidays (they advertise in PBO) a few years ago. Excellent. Small enough to be flexible, big enough to be professional.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Shakey

The People\'s Republic Of South Yorkshire
Visit site
Activity Holidays have got five or six Luggers with a small outboard, you can only have them for day sailing (Greek authorities rule not theirs). Day sailing in one of them will probably get you as far as Meganisi to the west or Sivota on Levkas to the south, possibly Levkas town to the north. As far as I'm aware they have no other dinghies and no yachts for day sailing.

N***son have Beach and Beach Plus clubs with Lasers, Picos etc. but no yachts designated for day sailing (as far as I'm aware). They'll charter you a flotilla yacht for a day sail at extra cost subject to availability.

[ah em!] beach clubs do have small yachts you can take for daysails in addition to the other beach kit, kid's clubs etc.

Mark Warner only do the beach kit.

<hr width=100% size=1>It could have been worse - it could have been me.

Sonnamara

Visit site
We went to Sunsail's Beach club at Galini on Levkas a couple of months ago and couldn't recomend it highly enough, it was small and personal, the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and the equipment all well maintained. They have an excellent range of equipment to suit all ability's from Taz's for the kids to RS800's for anyone brave enough. They also have about 8 day yachts - being replaced for next season with ex-charter Dufour 30's I believe.

Whilst Galini is the smallest and (apparently) friendliest club, on the downside the wind in this part of the Ionian can be a little unreliable and I expect the club might be overrun with children during the summer holidays.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.insyst.co.uk>View my website - NB</A>

Shakey

The People\'s Republic Of South Yorkshire
Visit site
The wind in that particular part of the Ionian off of the Galini beach club is very unpredictable, I've sailed passed it and had the wind veer 180 deg.

There's also unpredictable wind between Skorpios and Meganisi.

The whole area of the 'inland sea' is subject to unusual wind patterns 'cos the usual afternoon NW3 gets channelled, funnelled and deflected by the big lumps of islands that are dotted about the place.

The only thing about Galini is that it's out in the sticks a bit, you need transport if you want to go to Nidri or Levkas town for some nightlife.

<hr width=100% size=1>It could have been worse - it could have been me.

beancounter

Visit site
I'll second Sonnamara's and Shakey's comments about Sunsail Galini. We had a great time there 2 years ago. The staff were very helpful, there was plenty of kit (It's great to just wander down to the beach and say "I'll have that one please" and all is rigged and sorted for you), the facilities were fine, but as Shakey says, it's a bit out in the boondocks if you're looking for nightlife. The winds were a bit variable, but when they did kick in, blasting across the bay on a cat, daughter out on the wire was a great way to spend an afternoon.

Seems a long way away an a dull, grey November afternoon....

<hr width=100% size=1>Fabricati Diem, punc