Looking for new residential mooring

PilotWolf

Visit site
Not offended. But lets say i was looking for useful answers. Only Hoo said anything about type of boat ..they said they have mainly sail boats and barges. I looked up and found that 2.5m they sit in mud.
Other marinas also seriously had draft issue.i have checked through dock people i know.
But i dont think she is not selling....as its only 4 mths and i waited for summer and restrictions to end to pay for premium listing. Usual period for big boats to sell is 3 years in london.
I didnot ask how to sell...
I have personal reasons for wanting to leave london so asked for help reg mooring just so i can still keep her.
I would like to thank the few who gave genuine answers instead of digressing.
Since i dont know the waterways and just lived in london i asked for advice about moorings and locations from experienced people.
Conversation has been a bit like u go to doctor for expert advice on brain surgery and he wants to talk about ur haemorroids and why u are in pain.
It can be frustrating.
I am only saying this so people can learn to helpful to the question posed with great hope thinking all of u out there are more knowlegeable than me for that specific question.
I am hoping this feedback helps u all in the way you interact with people who are seeking help and advice thinking better of u.
Regards.
Ps. I am still hopeful we can get back to question in hand and if someone thinks of a marina for its dimensions ...then i can deal with what marina has to say.

OK. Good luck.

PW

PlanB

Visit site
I'm not sure whether anyone has yet mentioned the difficulties of residential berths in marinas.
I quick search on here will find several threads highlighting the increasing number of marinas which will not allow liveaboards.
Living aboard is a declining lifestyle, sadly.
Have you tried googling residential moorings? There are quite a few relevant hits.

uma

Visit site
I'm not sure whether anyone has yet mentioned the difficulties of residential berths in marinas.
I quick search on here will find several threads highlighting the increasing number of marinas which will not allow liveaboards.
Living aboard is a declining lifestyle, sadly.
Have you tried googling residential moorings? There are quite a few relevant hits.
I am currently on a residential mooring.i have approached marina management as they own other marinas to discuss options of internal transfer. Hopefully in a year or 2. But have arranged a meeting after the discussion veered off here.
Thanks.
Yes it is declining as liveaboards are unofficial. Marinas want their piece of cake so also council. So it has to be legit.

steadyeddy

Visit site
Have you tried Chatham its deep water there and the last time i was there they had a tug tied up there,best of luck finding some ware soon also i have just rembered is Cuxton.

uma

Visit site
Have you tried Chatham its deep water there and the last time i was there they had a tug tied up there,best of luck finding some ware soon also i have just rembered is Cuxton.
I went to turks for drydocking in 2018. But didnt look at moorings there...
Thanks will check

rotrax

Visit site
AFAIK Littlehampton Harbour Authority are removing a large motorboat from their lower estuary mooring. Secure walk ashore pontoon.

I suggest you call Harry the HM and enquire.

He will know the depth at low tide there.

There is also a mud dock which has a boat like yours undergoing restoration.

Worth a phone call.............................................

uma

Visit site
T
AFAIK Littlehampton Harbour Authority are removing a large motorboat from their lower estuary mooring. Secure walk ashore pontoon.

I suggest you call Harry the HM and enquire.

He will know the depth at low tide there.

There is also a mud dock which has a boat like yours undergoing restoration.

Worth a phone call.............................................
Thanks...will do. Much appreciated. Ta

rotrax

Visit site
I checked tides in that location its 1.7m and my draft is 2.9m.
Because shehasa full keel cant use mud bank

Of course a full keel boat can use mud to berth in at low tide.

We have used Hayling Yacht Company for winter berthing in their fully drying marina with two full keel boats.

The mud just has to be soft enough.

I would enquire about the Mud Dock on the West side of Littlehampton though - there is a Tug in there at the moment. You never know.

Dont ask you dont get........................................ :cool:

uma

Visit site

We have used Hayling Yacht Company for winter berthing in their fully drying marina with two full keel boats.

I would enquire about the Mud Dock on the West side of Littlehampton though - there is a Tug in there at the moment. You never know.

Many thanks
I will definitely ask. Currently out of country.

Many thanks
I will ask for sure...
But currently out of country for few weeks.
She is icebreaker and has long sharp keel....when i was drydocking...i was told she will lie on side like concordia if i beach her in mud as one surveyor suggested. So has to take her ramsgate and next time turks s so she could go on blocks on high tide...
I am def going to check every avenue

Delmot

Visit site
We looked at werberg hoo and didn't like the fact it sat in mud. We want a 25m ship we've found but can't find anywhere that will accommodate a liveaboard and that's anywhere in the UK. If you get any joy please let me know.

uma

Visit site
We looked at werberg hoo and didn't like the fact it sat in mud. We want a 25m ship we've found but can't find anywhere that will accommodate a liveaboard and that's anywhere in the UK. If you get any joy please let me know.
Will do...
I am currently moored in a residential mooring.
I havent found another one so i can leave london.
Looks like i might have to sell her on the mooring and leave....
Have to see how it works....
For big boats.....if u want to live aboard, ur best bet is buy one with mooring...

Delmot

Visit site
Will do...
I am currently moored in a residential mooring.
I havent found another one so i can leave london.
Looks like i might have to sell her on the mooring and leave....
Have to see how it works....
For big boats.....if u want to live aboard, ur best bet is buy one with mooring...
Its finding one that's big enough for what we want. Looks like the government are clamping down on this lifestyle. Thanks

uma

Visit site
Its finding one that's big enough for what we want. Looks like the government are clamping down on this lifestyle. Thanks
No..no clamping down...the private sector is just buying into it, council is trying to make money etc...
You need big mooring for 25m. My boat is just 23m
Goodluck

Delmot

Visit site
No..no clamping down...the private sector is just buying into it, council is trying to make money etc...
You need big mooring for 25m. My boat is just 23m
Goodluck
Yeah it's impossible to find, also how do you all afford to live on them and enjoying the boat life.

uma

Visit site
Yeah it's impossible to find, also how do you all afford to live on them and enjoying the boat life.
We bought the boats when mooring rent was afgordable and no wide beam surcharge.
Now most of us are selling to people who can afford it like anything in life that nedds maintainance we cant afford.