Looking for a solution to the damaged tufnol boom slide.

Pikor

Visit site
Hi All,

My Snapdragon's 747 gooseneck is sliding on a tufnol slide on the mast and I have found this slide broken.
1.jpg

And I am looking to replace either the tufnol part or the whole arrangement on the mast side. Similar thing happen to PBO project boat Hantu Biru and they replaced tufnol thingy with a fixed bracket (Dec 2014 p. 20).
2.jpg

What you guys think I may be able to do here? I want her on the water as soon as possible. On a side note, this hasn't been found by the surveyor.

Kind regards,

wrr

Visit site
Various sizes and grades of tufnol sheet are available from plastics stockists. It should not be too difficult to replace the piece of tufnol track like for like.

VicS

Visit site
Hi All,

My Snapdragon's 747 gooseneck is sliding on a tufnol slide on the mast and I have found this slide broken.

What you guys think I may be able to do here? I want her on the water as soon as possible. On a side note, this hasn't been found by the surveyor.

Kind regards,

Repair with Araldite andput extra fastenings either side of the repair ???????/

Pikor

Visit site
@VicS @Concerto @wrr

As you can see on pictures there are already additional screws there :) . But yeah, repair or replacement should be possible.

Stemar

Visit site
If it's anything like my Snappy 24, once I got the boom in the right place, I never moved it, so I'm unconvinced of the need for a slide, but a new one shouldn't be hard to make.

If Tufnol isn't easily available, aluminium isn't hard to work. I've used a router with carbide bits - just take little bites and go slow.

neil_s

Visit site
Would a piece of genoa sheet block slide do the trick? You can get it in 1 and 1 1/4 inch sizes. The Barton slab reef track is 25 mm, too.