Looking after the boat over... winter

Gavi

Visit site
Having now cleaned Shikara I have found some paint damage following her rise and fall during the watery time. This means my collection of works are now:

- Keel repair (don't know how much but the surveyor said "next time she is out")
- clean/antifoul
- paint (don't know if it is a touch up or a full job, but I know the paint damage is below gunnell and also just below the water line)
- I MIGHT have grounded her and I think the prop needs attention, though no crawl and excessive vibration at the moment

I need to plan for winter... So I am tempted to have her lifted and pay a pro to do all the above properly. I have seen another Freeman 24 above Bell Weir who has clearly had some real TLC and it is a glory I could not achieve.

I have been considering the boat house above Bell Weir... does anyone have any suggestions, please?

ripley

Visit site
dont want to sound pushy & sorry if i shouldnt promote, but have a look at my website
www.autocraftrepairs.com i do repairs, do gel repairs & 2k paintwork, sanding & polishing of gel in house & mobile, just looking at local waterside premises ready for this winter(fingers crossed) so i can take on craft over than on trailers. i have been yamaha approved for over 10yrs & RJP Marine insurance approved for over 5, look after all the RNLI Personal watercraft
If u look at my site, i now only run the watercraft side & have left the automotive side managed, so you can contact me by pm & i'll send you my number
regards
Graham

Doolittle

Visit site
Bev at Chertsey Meads Marine would haul it out and do all of that for you, but if there was anything that you wanted to do to save cost or earn the kudos and satisfaction of doing it yourself, then he would be quite accomodating.

I help paint the hull of my Dads Bounty boat a couple of months ago down at Bridge Marine Walton. It was dead easy to do and the paints are so good it looked fantastic. Bridge Marine did the anti-fouling though.

Just my 2p worth /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Bev at Chertsey Meads Marine would haul it out and do all of that for you, but if there was anything that you wanted to do to save cost or earn the kudos and satisfaction of doing it yourself, then he would be quite accomodating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded, spent a week there early June turning Jedi from a mess into less of a mess with working bits and so forth. They were very helpful and willing to give advice. The took the p2ss a bit too when I screwed up such as getting primer in my hair in the morning and topping it off with a/f in the afternoon. Great place.