London Boat Show - Cheer yourself up

Momac

Visit site
Not during peak hours I doubt!
Don’t complain about the cost of travel if you insist on not considering the most economical time or form of travel.
If you don’t enjoy all things about boating it’s probably not worth going to the London Boatshow - even with a free rail ticket.
I live a little further away than you. From past experience the roads are not busy on a Sunday. 260 miles round trip in my car, if I stick to the speed limit, costs about £22 in fuel. Parking at the venue is under cover so you don’t even need to put on a coat. £15 last year for parking which if your car share with four people together the cost of car travel and parking per person is £9.20. This year I have paid for one ticket at £7 and three others free.

ari

Visit site
Well, perhaps they were having a particularly busy day. I can only comment on that one occasion, since that was (and is) our one & only experience with either of them.

Our disappointment arose from the misrepresentative advertising of the second-hand boat show, rather than the brokerage offices per se. Indeed, on learning that we'd driven for two hours to visit the 'show', the guys at Sea Ventures were somewhat sympathetic to our position. That neither of the brokers were doing anything different to that undertaken on any other day simply reinforced our view that there was no second hand boat show and it shouldn't have been marketed as such.

I'm really surprised at that. I've not been for a few years, but having visited it in the past, the brokers had made a real effort to get boats in especially for the show which were mostly on hardstanding, and had arranged a large marquee and extra staff so that you could roll up and look at anything, plus there was much more than usual to look at so it was a great opportunity to see lots of used boats together.

Seems a wasted opportunity if they're no longer doing this, although I'm lead to believe that there's been a real shortage of decent brokerage boats this year so maybe they're less inclined (or less able) to make as much effort as in the past.

Annoying from your point of view though.

sunquest

Visit site
This has never been my experience with either Sea Ventures or Ancasta during the Swanwick Used Boat Show, as both brokers will gladly carry out viewings on any boats on their books, without having to make a prior appointment, so I'm not sure which brokerage office you went to??
Fully concur with that Allan, we were shown around a Jeanneau just by turning up to Sea Ventures and asking.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Don’t complain about the cost of travel if you insist on not considering the most economical time or form of travel.
If you don’t enjoy all things about boating it’s probably not worth going to the London Boatshow - even with a free rail ticket.
I live a little further away than you. From past experience the roads are not busy on a Sunday. 260 miles round trip in my car, if I stick to the speed limit, costs about £22 in fuel. Parking at the venue is under cover so you don’t even need to put on a coat. £15 last year for parking which if your car share with four people together the cost of car travel and parking per person is £9.20. This year I have paid for one ticket at £7 and three others free.

Fair comments but I'll still pass thanks!