Lofrans winch control

alastair

www.javacharter.co.uk
I have a radio control windlass control which does not operate. The windlas and relay box work perfectly using the control buttons.
The handheld remote control shows a red led after pressing on for 2 seconds but will not operate the relay box.
Is there a method to reprogrammed the radio cantrol receiver? If I press the prog button the red led lights for 30 seconds or so.
Grateful for the forums assistance in this.
Please see pic attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221126_123548_com.android.gallery3d_edit_38326362158212.jpg
    Screenshot_20221126_123548_com.android.gallery3d_edit_38326362158212.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 35

Alex_Blackwood

Visit site
I have a radio control windlass control which does not operate. The windlas and relay box work perfectly using the control buttons.
The handheld remote control shows a red led after pressing on for 2 seconds but will not operate the relay box.
Is there a method to reprogrammed the radio cantrol receiver? If I press the prog button the red led lights for 30 seconds or so.
Grateful for the forums assistance in this.
Please see pic attached
Your transmitter is labelled "MIZAR" The receiver is "LOFRANS" but is probably also "MIZAR" See if you can find any model No's on either, or both. Google "MIZAR XXX" and see what comes up. Or talk to Loran's https://www.lofrans.com/

alastair

www.javacharter.co.uk

alastair

www.javacharter.co.uk
The boat owner has already sent it to these guys for repair. All I think needs to be done is to pair the remote to the receiver. Unfortunately I cannot find how to do this despite several Google searches.

Caladh

Visit site
Many thanks. This is a good solution but the boat owner prefers to get the original working for security reasons. Eg another boat in the same anchorage could have the same controller and he could raise both anchors....
You’ve got about as much chance of that happening as finding the proverbial needle in a haystack the size of the QE2. It won’t happen.

alastair

www.javacharter.co.uk
Update
Lofrans finally replied ad said it was an old model and to buy a new unit. Bit disappointed in them tbh. The owner is going to bu a new unit. I hope he finds on with good after sales support.
Many thanks for all of your valued comments.