Loch Lomond

Alistairr

Visit site
Its great to here all of you out there arranging trips, south coast solent, south wales, etc.. I am bases up here in Good Old Bonnie Scotland and unfortionally unable to join you. Iknow its a long shot, but if there is anyone that would like to meet up on the Loch anytime this year let me know.
Other than that, every one thats arranging trips and outings this year have a safe and enjoyable time.

<hr width=100% size=1>CHEERS.

BrendanS

Visit site
I have a wild dream of getting enough time off work to trail the boat up to the scottish west coast this summer. Friends have taken their boats to L Lomond, and loved it, so it's been on my wish list for ages.

In the unlikely event that I do pull it off, I'll let you know

<hr width=100% size=1>

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>Scotland is beautiful. When God created the world he realised how this was so grossly unfair on the rest of Britain so he created the Scots.

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

Alistairr

Visit site
Thats nice.. coming from the failed playboy. Us Scots aren't all that bad, we get a reputation for being tight fisted, but its wrong 'cause there is plenty off us splashing out lots of money on this expensive hobbie.
I would be delighted if you or BrendanS would look me up if in the area. to prove you wrong...

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>I walked into that one didn't I. D'you think thats why God made me live in England? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
no if he was really after you he would have plonked you in wales

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>Ok brain let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.</font color=red>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re:OOOOh wakeup is here

sorry to hear that your local pub has burn't down/forums/images/icons/wink.gif
i am assuming that is why you are here/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>Ok brain let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.</font color=red>

wakeup

Visit site
By the way I saw the photos of your sister and ..

I'm sure I've had her, 1999 Wales vs France in Cardiff, over a wheely bin up the alley behind the old arcade. I wasn't the first that day either, funny though I'm sure she had stubble ??????????

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: sorry but..

i know for a fact she detests lanky geordies
the stubble bit is right tho
she is gorgeous isn't she

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>In that case he was after me... I was born at 63 Colum Road Cardiff and when in the UK attended school at Monkton House as did all the offspring of the Greek Shipping community.

BrendanS

Visit site
Strewth! I lived in two houses in Colum Road when I was a student. Can't remember the numbers, think one was 45, but the other would have been nearer to 65

<hr width=100% size=1>

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>Hard to believe that those huge properties only housed one family years ago isn't it.

Alistairr

Visit site
I tell you this forum amazeses me, you post a thread asking to here from any one in LochLomond area, and before we know it you guys are taking about which house you lived in in Cardiff,
Next you'll be tell me your neighbour was Indiana Jones!!!!!!!

Steve_D

Visit site
I'm married to a Scot and I was amazed at the generosity of everyone when we got married. Its certainly put my side of the family to shame.

There is still a very strong hospitality ethic, the phrase "you'll have a wee cup of tea/dram/bite" is not an invitation its a statement! "oh and by the way eat all of this baking I just happen to have lying around in case of visitors"

Regards

Steve D

<hr width=100% size=1>

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>It is called thread drift and has been a phenonemon of the net since its inception. All forums everywhere suffer from it.

duncan

Visit site
well if we simple agreed that Loch Lomond was beautiful when the sun shone (or even the drizzle stopped!) and that we have all towed up there so why can't you tow down to see us etc etc it would be a really boring thread in no time..../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

however in that vein I would put the night I anchored up in the little sheltered area amongst the islands off Luss as the best night I ever spent on a trail boat - even despite the midges!
Moved into the caravan park for the next week; which was just as well as it then rained for 6 days straight! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

West coast (just a bit of it(!)) is high on the list when I have something more cruiser capable..........

<hr width=100% size=1>

Alistairr

Visit site
I wasn't asking for everyone to bring there boats up to the loch, merely asking if anyone was in the area to look me up.

Don't get me wrong i would love to join you all on a cruise in the south coast sometime, but I am not able to tow my new boat as i am not getting a trailer with it. Midges are a fact of life up here, you soon get used to them.
My plan for the future is to move the boat into Largs marina, and explore the west coast of Scotland, but only once i have gained plenty of experience.
My new boat is due sometime in April, i am buying it from a dealer in Swansea, i am in two minds wether to enjoy it down there for a few days before taking it up the road. But i am not familiar with the waters in that area and i'm not sure if I could cope with it.