Liverpool Marina ups fees by 500 quid a year for a 32ft

ross84

Visit site
Ouch!

It wouldn't take too long before it became totally unaffordable for me - anyone else have a boat in Liverpool? I guess nasty price-hikes are just something boaters have to deal with?

doug748

Visit site
There are probably few alternatives in that location so they hope to get away with it without too much loss of business. Sometimes it indicates the company is struggling so you might be wary of giving them any money before your boat is in situ.
I don't think this sort of increase is common at this time, certainly not away from the central South Coast.

How much are they asking? I notice they are a bit coy about fronting up on their website - always a danger sign.

ross84

Visit site
So I got quoted 3,540 for a 32ft in December but now it's circa 4,000 (both serviced), however they have a previso that it may go up again further in April 2020.

maby

Visit site
So I got quoted 3,540 for a 32ft in December but now it's circa 4,000 (both serviced), however they have a previso that it may go up again further in April 2020.

Hmmm, well that is around a 12% increase, isn't it? Does seem high to me in the current climate - but look on the bright side - our renewal notice has just come in at over £10,000 for a 42 foot boat!

doug748

Visit site
Ah, yes. my fault, I see they now have a tariff page.
Shame they feel they have to put prices up every few months but I guess you are not planning to stick there very long.

bigwow

Visit site
Someones got to pay for all the salubrious facilities you have there, all the friendly management and staff and that 24hr free access to go sailing:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

V1701

Visit site
Blimey £4k for a 10 metre berth is more expensive than some south coast marinas, people will be moving their boats to Preston! They clearly think they will make more money from those that stay minus those that leave due to the increase than if they just had a small increase. Cities like Liverpool have become more attractive places to be in more recent years as well haven't they...

ross84

Visit site
Blimey £4k for a 10 metre berth is more expensive than some south coast marinas, people will be moving their boats to Preston! They clearly think they will make more money from those that stay minus those that leave due to the increase than if they just had a small increase. Cities like Liverpool have become more attractive places to be in more recent years as well haven't they...

I go kayaking there regularly and the marina does not look full at all.

I checked one in North Wales (Bangor) as an alternative but they wanted £4,500. Not sure of my options. I'll look at Preston though!

[3889]

Visit site
Liverpool is my closest marina and I wouldn't dream of keeping a boat there. Expensive, extremely limited access to poor sailing and it's not even close to the city centre. Surely Conwy or Fleetwood have to be better options, even if you live next to Coburg Dock. Its OK if you just want to race around the cans over winter but that's about it.

maby

Visit site
Liverpool is my closest marina and I wouldn't dream of keeping a boat there. Expensive, extremely limited access to poor sailing and it's not even close to the city centre. Surely Conwy or Fleetwood have to be better options, even if you live next to Coburg Dock. Its OK if you just want to race around the cans over winter but that's about it.
I think that the OP has ambitions to live on his boat at least part time while working in Liverpool - both Conwy and Fleetwood are a long way away for regular commuting!

bigwow

Visit site
I don't know what the situation is now, but if it's just a live aboard mooring the OP's after, he could try Albert Dock. I just checked and it looks like the Canal and River trust, who now run it, have no desire to have boats in the dock:eek::(:(. Not too far away are Spike Island Widnes and Fiddlers Ferry Penketh.

ryanroberts

Visit site
As far as I know those CRT moorings are one or two weeks max and 'fully booked' most of the time. I think the limited capacity is mostly due to the effort of locking people down from the Leeds & Liverpool (men in vans, stopping traffic etc) rather than the number of pontoons. Knowing CRT they are probably not going to want people living on the spare ones.

colind3782

Visit site

Conwy isn't cheap now, probably comparable to Liverpool, but at least it's closer to the sea for sailing. They quote £443/m LOA for an annual berth so £4,430 pa for 10m. I thought that Deganwy might be cheaper but just looked and they are quoting £440/m