Liveaboard boat in Qatar

nimbusgb

www.umfundi.com
Mmmm ok, I know that the region is not the most peaceful in the world but there is no paradise nowadays. Plus, life here is very relaxed for me.

Now, Worstcase I knew that it is not easy.. I was actually trying to know if the marina would let me "live" aboard , while a can provide another address. For example I can say I am sharing an apartamanet with a colleague and give them his address.

Be very, very careful about 'saying you are sharing' anywhere in the middle east. They have a penchant for checking these things and if you are caught out you could at best find yourself bounced out of the region, at worst spending time locked up. You are doing something considered way outside the ordinary and that raises all sorts of flags.

Mpb840

Visit site
i guess you are right, till now no one told me I can live aboard here. As soon as I have some time off I will go and ask once for all.

Sarpi

Visit site
Hey,
I am just looking up infomation for the same, shipping my Oceanis 41 to Doha to liveaboard.
Any update on the situation ? I hear thT you are not allowed, but still you can arrange iif you find the correct person to talk to.

Any idea ?

Mpb840

Visit site
I went to talk with the people in the Pearl Harbour's office and they said that here it is not allowed... but there is someone who is doing it (especially crews of large yachts) and that sometimes they have to go and send them away.
We had a brief chat and they made me understand that I could have gone somewhere else to get informations (other harbour) where it might be allowed. I didn't do it.. but if you get infos share them here please