Little American yacht

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
The question is “What are you doing up at03:34in the morning!😂

I have now been assigned the night shift of the YBW Forum Rota for providing comment and information to aid your boat search.

The Forum Committee charged with overseeing this important task recently determined that an extension of the Rota to provide 7 day/24 hours coverage was necessary, given your search's urgency. 😁

LittleSister

Visit site
. . .

If the reference to Folkboat is to International Folkboat, I don't see a lot in common apart form the size

View attachment 180555

I think they aren't event the same size, apart from the LOA being less than a foot different. There is a lot more space in pretty much every direction the (American) Seamaster 26 compared to the (original) Folkboat.

(There was a British built boat with the name Seamaster, which I vaguely recall as being 23 foot LOA. Can't remember whether there was a 26 foot version )

Wansworth

Visit site
I have now been assigned the night shift of the YBW Forum Rota for providing comment and information to aid your boat search.

The Forum Committee charged with overseeing this important task recently determined that an extension of the Rota to provide 7 day/24 hours coverage was necessary, given your search's urgency. 😁
Woke up this morning with a feeling of doom……do really want an old boat to entertain myself for my remaining years.As the summer draws toaclose new boats keep appearing raising the heart rate until the picture of the engine yet again brings one back to reality with its rats nest of wires and rust.Asmy daughter has nowgotCovidand wife going the same way Iam looking at the changing boat market without getting too involved.In factI am tired of looking at boats knowing full well the reality when we go to vist will not match our mental image.I suggest you get your head down ,nothing is going to happen till at least September😂😏

LittleSister

Visit site
. . .
boats keep appearing raising the heart rate until the picture of the engine yet again brings one back to reality with its rats nest of wires and rust. . .

Had't you noticed that life is like that?

There's something about the structure of the universe that means that nothing is as simple, straightforward and the unalloyed joy and loveliness we have in our mind's eye.

Better get used to it! :devilish:

. . . I suggest you get your head down ,nothing is going to happen till at least September😂😏

p/s When I was a kid we were given this album, or perhaps a very similar selection of his songs, by a distant cousin having a clear out. It was one of the very few records we had, so this and some of the other of his songs are stuck very firmly in my memory. (At least the vocals are. I hadn't recalled the instruments backing being quite like that - something that as a musician I pay much closer attention to these days - .)

Last edited:

Wansworth

Visit site
Had't you noticed that life is like that?

There's something about the structure of the universe that means that nothing is a simple, straightforward and the unalloyed joy and loveliness we have in our mind's eye.

Better get used to it! :devilish:

Yes your right I guess I had forgotten but recent visits to see yachts brought on my post about yachtsmen telling porkies.

LittleSister

Visit site
Yes your right I guess I had forgotten but recent visits to see yachts brought on my post about yachtsmen telling porkies.

You think yachtsmen are alone in telling (themselves) porkies?

“If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.”
(The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
With wheel steering I can keep my Budweiser near at hand and there’s no need to get up.
Budweiser?! C'mon, you need a proper refreshment, not least when at sea. Not a pale American made with 30% rice.

Even the original lager beer from the town of Budweis (now České Budějovice) in Bohemia (Čechy), in the current Czech Republic seems dull in todays beer market.

Wansworth

Visit site
Budweiser?! C'mon, you need a proper refreshment, not least when at sea. Not a pale American made with 30% rice.

Even the original lager beer from the town of Budweis (now České Budějovice) in Bohemia (Čechy), in the current Czech Republic seems dull in todays beer market.
I was trying to conjure up the vision of a fat American boater

Tranona

Visit site
The Yanmar 1GM was made, I think, from 1980, and used in all sorts of applications, globally. Marine, small tractors, stationary, agri, and...
Still in their catalogue, now as 1GM10, many in use and maintained/repaired. If in good order it wouldn't worry.
The 1GM was a dedicated marine design, saltwater cooled. The first few were 7.5hp but quickly realised that was too small ass boats were getting larger so uprated to 9hp. Most noticeable change was the addition of an oil filter. Yes, still available but no longer good value as not much cheaper than the 2 cylinder Kubota based freshwater cooled engines.