Ligia north Ionian

derekgillard

Visit site
Has anyone been there? We are planning a bareboat charter staring,in the north and finishing in the south.

According to my old version of Rod H's bible it's a small harbour with irregular depths, however, I have a feeling I've heard it's been extended. And it looks nice We will be in. 32ft boat.

Thanks in advance.

Delbuoy

TonyMS

www.montgomery-smith.org
It's a useful stop if you run out of wind and don't want to motor further. The entrance is a bit scary but fine in calm weather. Approach from just west of south. We tied back to the outer breakwater. The bottom is hard - our Fortress kedge wouldn't hold - but our Kobra (like a Delta) spare worked OK. There is at least 2.5m in the entrance and southern half of the harbour.

nickf

Visit site
Fine in calm weather. Good restaurant, free water and electricity. Just watch that there is no swell forcast which will make it difficult to leave.

Last edited:

jordanbasset

Visit site
We went in there on when we chartered a 35 foot boat, the entrance was a little more tricky than most in the Ionian but in calm weather nothing too testing. If I remember correctly a nice restaurant in the harbour and another one up the hill

dslittle

Visit site
Has anyone been there? We are planning a bareboat charter staring,in the north and finishing in the south.

According to my old version of Rod H's bible it's a small harbour with irregular depths, however, I have a feeling I've heard it's been extended. And it looks nice We will be in. 32ft boat.

Thanks in advance.

Delbuoy

We went in using Rod's wisdom. Wife on bow looking for rocks - reply at time "they're b***** everywhere..." Lovely place when you get in but don't go too far into the harbour, it does get a bit shallow.