Lifting and Launching in the Preveza Yards

clueless

Visit site
Hello!
We're currently looking at moving our boat round to one of the big yards (Aktio/Ionian/Cleopatra) and I was wondering whether anyone has any experience of how far in advance you need to schedule a lift or launch in any of these yards, and how flexible they are.. with Covid we have found ourselves having to make and remake plans quite a lot and so wanted to consider this in our decision on which yard to use ...
Thank you in advance!

jordanbasset

Visit site
I have used Aktio a few times, although I tend to book a couple of weeks in advance a couple of times I could not make the lift out date, telephoned them the day before and they re-arranged for a day two days later. Seemed to be no great problem and there were no cost penalties. I suppose it does depend how busy they are, at the beginning and end of the season it may be different

wwalsh

Visit site
We often book two lifts at cleopatra same day for sea trial they tell us which day the next week they can do it.
The 0800hrs lift is usually available.
In case you pay for a lift and then cancel rather than reschedule the yards and marinas dont refund.

FirstAway

Visit site
We keep our boat in Cleopatra and find booking ahead is important as they get booked up in busy periods. It may well be different this year though.

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
We are in the Ionian yard and they do seem to be flexible but of course won't promise anything if already fully booked. Of course some days were more popular than others and TEPAI tended to make first week in the month a bit busier for launches and end of the month busier for lifts.

Of course there are unusual factors now wrt Covid and you will really need to ask the yards about storage space. I have heard that a lot of boats have launched and suspect Covid will tend to increase the number returning to the same yard. We aren't launching this year but would want to be certain of guaranteed yard space much earlier than in previous years. I'm afraid that you will need to ask the yards but most are very good about replying promptly to emails with costs and dates.

dgadee

Visit site
We are in Ionian. I booked my lift out 2 months in advance - yards seemed very busy.I had booked a launch early this year but cancelled. I had booked that launch when I came out, but they were happy to postpone. Won’t be at yard till Jan/Feb but plan to book for next May launch when I get the next bill.