Liferaft supplier Greece

affinite

Visit site
Im considering buying a new liferaft for my boat currently in Platamonas, Northern Greece.
Has anyone bought a raft in Greece recently and if so would you recommend the make and the supplier?
I want a 4 man ISO9650 type 1 canister raft that can be serviced (officially) in Greece

I know I have the option to buy in the UK where prices may be cheaper but I suspect that transport costs will negate the saving
Thanks

AndrewB

Visit site
Not an ideal answer to your question, but I can recommend Ionian Marina Safety of Levkas, who I have dealt with for some years. They have a good reputation for servicing Arimar, Lalizas, Plastimo and Seago liferafts ( I have a Seago): many of the charter companies across Greece use them.

They do sell second-hand liferafts and inflatable dinghies, though I'm not sure about new ones. However the nearby Nautilus Chandlery in Levkas lists Arimar liferafts in its catalogue.

Nautilus also have a branch in Thessalonika, much nearer to you. Nautilus will also (double-check this though) take in some brands of liferaft to send for servicing, quite possibly the ones dealt with by Ionian Marine Safety. But its cheaper to deal direct with Ionian,

Last edited: