Life raft servicing

suebabsthenoo

Visit site
Hi yachty fraternity,
Our life raft is due a service soon,the previous owner had it done in Levkas,(don't know if it was actually there or it was sent away)anyone au fait with other places or do they all get sent to Athina wherever you do it?
Turkey, are they into that kinda thing there,as our first port of call is the sailmaker in Fetidye?
Cheers

Tranona

Visit site
Think you will find the service centre is in Athens. Our liferaft was serviced there last year. The company is Cosmar in Piraeus. Collected from and delivered back to Corfu through the chandler in Gouvia.

Alyssa

Visit site
Liferaft Service in Levkas

Ionian Marine Safety based in Levkas does liferaft servicing locally. Based about a mile behind the marina heading out towards Nidri. Used him last year to do our Seago 4 man raft.

One of only two approved Seago service agents in the Med, but he does everything from the cheapest ones up to Avon ones.

Cost 180 Euro and he was very happy for me to be present during the process. Recommended.

Nikos runs it (a one man band) who speaks pretty good English.
Tel: +30 264 5025340
ioniansafety@hol.gr (woudn't recommend e-mail - he's not good at answering e-mails!)

Dave

macd

Visit site
Ionian Marine Safety based in Levkas does liferaft servicing locally. Based about a mile behind the marina heading out towards Nidri. Used him last year to do our Seago 4 man raft....

Another vote for Nikos. Good service. When I was there he had an inflated Seago 4-man in the showroom. Good to be able to see what was actually inside the box.

MASH

N/A
Visit site
Blues Yachting, Turkey are recommended.

Berkant Fidan

www.bluesyachting.com

+90 252 645 1435
Fax +90 252 645 1081
GSM +90 532 203 2 203

They collect and return along the Bodrum - Gocek coast and probably beyond too. Easy people to deal with.

djk

Visit site
Think you will find the service centre is in Athens. Our liferaft was serviced there last year. The company is Cosmar in Piraeus. Collected from and delivered back to Corfu through the chandler in Gouvia.

Can you remember how much they charged? Our 6 man liferaft due for service and wary of ending up paying too much as it would then make it cheaper to buy a new one!
Still trying to contact Alyssa recommendation in Levkas.

We are based in Gouvia and I presume you mean BoatWorld chandler.

Tranona

Visit site
Can you remember how much they charged? Our 6 man liferaft due for service and wary of ending up paying too much as it would then make it cheaper to buy a new one!
Still trying to contact Alyssa recommendation in Levkas.

We are based in Gouvia and I presume you mean BoatWorld chandler.

335 Euros for an 8 man Plastimo. Give Bob Sutcliff a call 6944530795. he organised it for me.

suebabsthenoo

Visit site
Life raft

Thanks to all,am presently in contact with Blues Yachting in Gocek and Agmar on Leros send off to Kos so I am sorted...oooh errrr wondered if there was owt else while I was at it...fire extinguishers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tar a lot
Sue

Other threads that may be of interest