lidl compressor and sandblaster

dunkelly

Visit site
Im thinking of buying this when they come into stock on Thursday to clean up my keels , anyone any experience or suggestions .

savageseadog

Visit site
If it's what I think it is, it will only be fit for spot blasting. Definitely better than other methods for that purpose though.

zoidberg

Visit site
You'll likely get replies from several pros, but from my own experience learned the hard way.....

Look very hard at the controlling nozzles and taps. The lightweight ones abrade through the sides very swiftly, then the abrasive media you are using will be jetting at considerable force at your hands and, perhaps, eyes.

You need really adequate PPE. Gauntlets, full-face mask, full protective suit with hood, suitable boots.

The compressor needs really adequate 'drier' features; otherwise the media clumps and clogs up the system and nozzles, so that you'll spend 10 minutes clearing the kit for every 1 minute of use.

I used 'soda'... Bicarbonate of soda. Less damaging to workpiece and surroundings than other media. That was very good advice when I tried it. And it's easy to clean up.

Try out all the controls and adjustments on non-significant objects - rusty anchor, chain, old tools - before digging a remarkably swift hole through your gelcoat.

Last edited:

ghostlymoron

Visit site
A friend of mine bought one several years ago and was very disappointed. It was only suitable for very small jobs doing about a half inch circle at a time. It would take hours to do keel

C08

Visit site
A friend of mine bought one several years ago and was very disappointed. It was only suitable for very small jobs doing about a half inch circle at a time. It would take hours to do keel

That was exactly my experience with a small gritblaster. Only suitable for very small (less than 6" objects) and that took time!