Levington entrance

jimi

Visit site
Left today a couple of hours after Lw and had significant lack of depth out to the fw (like zero) it’s always been fine before even at lw springs. I know the high pressure will be a factor but surely not to that extent.. anyone else experienced this?

Sniper

Visit site
I think it has got a bit shallower, especially at the river end of the channel. Perhaps the dredging further up the river is causing some silting?

jimi

Visit site
Coming in today I took careful note of time and depths. I reckon min depth in entrance between the initial beacons as you approach is 0.9 metres below CD. There’s also a shoal patch now just downriver from the swm almost in a direct line with the down river phm. Also noticed little islands, which hadn’t previously existed, off the beach below when I was walking the dogs

Bob@SYH

Visit site
Looking forward to a response from Bob@SYH

You called? ?

We carried out our dredging for as long and as far in to the channel as we were able & allowed this year, and I understood the plan was that ABP would then plough dredge the end of the channel as part of their schedule. However I also understand that they had issues with their dredger and were unable to complete their planned work.

As far as I'm aware there are plans to rectify this asap... I hope this helps a little.

jimi

Visit site
Hi Bob, I reckon the shallow bit is between the beacons and is 1m below CD based on my calcs. This give those of us with a deeper draft an issue a couple of hours either side of lws