Lets talk about the weather

claymore

Visit site
Yesterday Dear Heart and I did the 600 mile round trip to the boat to do a few jobs and see everything was OK.
It began to rain as we arrived at 10:00 a.m.
It poured down and blew a bit all day and as a result we both got a good soaking.
We arrived home at 10:30 pm - it was still raining.
Today the skies have been clear and blue and there has been warmth in the sun. My promise of a day helping in the garden had to be kept.
Is there no justice?

regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site
Yes, let\'s!

Friday night left Hamble, F4 SW, good or moderate vis, which lasted until S Foreland, then F5 S until Sunday morning, when arrived Levington. Cold front passes over whilst asleep, Sunday afternoon in garden. Perfect!

Aeolus_IV

Visit site
No justice for the wicked..

Spent saturday watching a dry sailing day pass as we committed serious time into house work, tidying up and other activities which had been neglected for too long.

Spent Sunday watching enought water to float Aeolus in our back garden drop out of the sky.

No, it isn't fair. Still, others had weekends far more frustrating than us. Mus'nt grumble :cool:.

Jeff.

Cornishman

Visit site
Spent Saturday trying to improve the education of some SRC candidates while looking out of the computer room window at glorious sunshine - curses.
Watched Laser racing for bored yacht skippers in Plymouth Sound. A cool NW 3-4 in sunshine. Think it rained overnight, though, as it should.
Hope I don't make you feel jealous. Where on earth did your 300 miles out and 300 back take you?

claymore

Visit site
Nr Preston to Nr Oban with stop on Great Western Road Glasgow for the Cheesemonger.

Nr Oban to Nr Preston with diversion via Crianlarich - because it was there.

regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Thanx a bunch Claymore

600 miles of greenhouse gas emissions. It's you wot's screwing up the climate. Why can't we have proper winter weather in February like we did when JDS was a boy. Only herring drifters should be thinking of putting to sea in this miserable month.

Magic_Sailor

Visit site
Oy

I've just realised I did respond! You asked if there was any justice - I said "no". Never has there been such a succicnt, erudite and to-the-point reply.

As it happens, I went to boat on that day - very damp - useless for anti-fouling.

Fiddled instead - very gratifying.

Magic

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://hometown.aol.co.uk/geoffwestgarth/myhomepage/travelwriting.html>Click for website!</A>