Lets start Xmas a big way

TheBoatman

Visit site
Re: Best of luck

Brian
Thanks mate
Wish you a safe Sydney - Hobart, I'll be watching the race with interest.
Peter
PS
Send us some sunshine?

TheBoatman

Visit site
Re: The only sailey thing I got for Christmas

Ken
I didn't get one sailey thing this year (its got to be the end of the world) because the kids got me and SWMBO a return ticket to NY for a long w/end.

Geezs 4000 Nm to go shopping,,,,and (according to my kids) I have to go and visit somewhere called "ground zero" to see where 3500 poor souls lost their lives,,,,,,any of my friends out there got a gun I feel suicidal.

I need a red flare I'm in distress.

I need reminding of why I go sailing/boating. It all seems a long way off at the moment!

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
NYC

Not to despair, all is not lost. West Marine has a downtown store reasonably near Macy's, Empire State etc. Rope clutches were a bargain - maybe some other stuff is as well?

Thoroughly recommend the Circle Line cruise around Manhattan Island. When you get to the westernmost point (where the East River rejoins the Hudson, there's a fabulous view up the Hudson that made me itch to have a boat of mine own under me and no time constraints.

Johnjo

Visit site
Only posted to see my new thingymajiggy thing under my username,
getting better using the computor, only took me two hours to suss
it out!!!!
So please do not ask how I did it, cause I don't have a clue!!!

regards mike

BrendanS

Visit site
Just pop a flyer into Mobochat. Tell them that you are organising the mother of all events at 'Newtown Creak' (sic) in May, that loads of peeps are coming, and that this is the thread.

If everyone here nominates a different day/pub/way of getting to and from pub (you get the drift) just watch the thread record burst as they count who is coming, decide which pub to go to, etc.

For evidence of just how big a thread the Warehamites can make out of such meager material, just go read the threads for the Wareham and Last Outing trips! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Oops!

BrendanS

Visit site
You put <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.animatedgif.net/miscellaneous/abclogo1_e0.gif>http://www.animatedgif.net/miscellaneous/abclogo1_e0.gif</A> into your user profile.

Does that help? or are the last 72 hours a complete blank?

I have a list of all the other websites you visited during that period, so if you are feeling particularly generous, you can send me a pm for details on where to send the blank cheque! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Johnjo

Visit site
Send a blank cheque!!!!!!! ha ha ha ,
you should,nt be here,should be on the stage,
last seventy two hours are a bit vague though, so would appriciate any
help to fill in a few missing pieces.
all the best
mike

BrendanS

Visit site
Well, you have been a busy beaver! I've just had a look at your 'history' file on your internet explorer. You should get a personal firewall to stop people looking at things on you computer, or at least delete your history file once in a while.

Not sure I can post all those url's here, x-rated mostly

Very interesting viewing though ............./forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Johnjo

Visit site
Took your advice, installed firewall,
so my business should be my own from now on!
thanks for the warning

regards mike

BrendanS

Visit site
Mike,

see PM and thread in feedback. Was jesting. Is impossible to read history files on another computer in the way I said. Sorry, didn't realise you were a computer novice, or I wouldn't have wound you up in that way.

A very good idea to get a firewall though, as you would be amazed how much information your computer can 'leak' when you go to websites, but users like myself cannot get access to 'your' computer