Let Down and Miffed

lancelot

Visit site
Hi folks,
I have been searching for a pair of replacement 140ah. domestic batteries. After enquiring on a few forums I decided on Varta. I placed an order last Thursday/Friday and paid by card - Battery Mega Store - excellent deal and was promised a delivery this Wednesday (guaranteed in stock). I phoned to check delivery was still on and after several conversations with various staff, I was told they were not in stock and therefore cannot be delivered. I complained about the waste of time as I wanted them in the boat over the weekend. Not only that, I asked for a refund to be told it would take a couple of days before it appears in my bank account. Now I can't order elsewhere until the money is back in my account - more time wasted. When I eventually receive it, I may buy locally or try Tayna (although a little shy about mail order again).
Any suggestions welcomed.
Fair winds,
Lancelot

superheat6k

Visit site
I would suggest Barden Batteries, Segensworth IE near Fareham. Say you are in some form of trade and they give a handsome discount, without having to try too hard.

stevd

Visit site
So far I have bought 3 batteries from tayna. I have picked them up as I'm local to them, but the ones I wanted were always in stock. They have quite a large unit and they were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend as a satisfied customer

sailorman

Visit site
Never had a problem with Battery Megastore and always delivered next day.

i have had many batteries from them with only one cockup, they have container loads in & shift stock quickly. i was phoned to tell of no stock until nxt day. i checked with another supplier & found the same battery cheaper. i phoned BMS who reduced my price & delivered nxt working day

Last edited:

ShinyShoe

Visit site
On the refund front. You should complain to your card company. The rules are they shouldn't take money from your card until the goods are ready to ship.

lancelot

Visit site
On the refund front. You should complain to your card company. The rules are they shouldn't take money from your card until the goods are ready to ship.
Yes I was wondering that. I checked the bank balance and the money had been taken out today - the battery was ordered last Thursday and card details given then. I phoned today and they said they had refunded today but it would take a couple of days to go back into my account. I may look into this.
Thanks,
Lancelot.

lancelot

Visit site
You could look on this website https://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.battery-megastore.co.uk, then make a complaint to your local Trading Standards setup.
Wow! I wish I knew about Trust Pilot before. I would not have entertained buying anything from them. I have made my feelings clear on their site.
Thanks for the tip. I hope my order with Tayna will have a better outcome. The money was returned to my account today.
Fair winds,
Lancelot

charles_reed

Visit site
Yes I was wondering that. I checked the bank balance and the money had been taken out today - the battery was ordered last Thursday and card details given then. I phoned today and they said they had refunded today but it would take a couple of days to go back into my account. I may look into this.
Thanks,
Lancelot.
From your comments, it would appear you paid by debit card not credit card.
I wonder if you'd hand over a wad of cash to someone you didn't know and who didn't have the product?
Credit card offers much better protection than a debit card.