Length of boat = age of owner

kingfisher

Visit site
There's this theory that the length of your boat should reflect your age. A few considerations , then:

1) Just turned 31 today. Does that mean that I have to sell my boat next year ?

2) With the metric system, do we need to count in dog's years ?

3) Does that mean that harbour masters = women, beacuse I tend to lie about my length resp. age to both (or was it the other way round).

Obi-Wan
http://sirocco31.tripod.com

paul

Visit site
There is a correlation between age and the size of boats. People with little one's lie and say they're bigger and people with bigger ones lie and tell marinas they're smaller.

Chris_Stannard

Visit site
I seem to remember that Bill Cooper said his boat was about 80 feet, on that basis my age should be about 40, which regrettably is far from the case. Perhaps the Formula goes something like

Length of Boat in feet = Age^0.5xDisposable Income/5000

However this would make Bill very rich, if I have got the length of his boat right

Chris Stannard

cynthia

Visit site
Well you lot are on the Christmas card list - mine's 34 (foot that is, but I guess I might settle for years).
Second thoughts, that means the kids would be pre-school - all their teens and uni fees ahead!! Would I swap .................?

Nice idea though!

kidnapped

Visit site
I seem to remember a yacht trying to get into the Crinan Canal and needing some help with the lines. The elderly skipper was heard to say' the bigger the boat, the older the b....y crew!'

G

I hope there is no direct correlation otherwise I'm clearly lined up for my by-our-lady grave.

Then I remember that as well as length overall, and waterline length, and length between perpendiculars, there is marina length.

Marina length is measured in marina metres and
1 marina metre = 110 centimetres.

William Cooper

kingfisher

Visit site
Size matters

Boats shrink and expand with the seasons. How else can you explain that,
-when you're in port for the fifth day with SWMBO and kids, the boat is waaaay to small;
- when you're sanding the hull in preparation for the painting, you're thinking a nice 21 footer would be more that a man needs.

Obi-Wan
http://sirocco31.tripod.com