Leave me alone!

suzanne

Visit site
I've been scanning the forum, as you do and have come across a few posts regarding myself. I found that they weren't entirly very fair, infact I feel I am being ganged up upon and that really byron is my only saviour. Dad and Kim are plotting how to get me married off and seem to have this idea that i'm a man eater. And Mrs PaulineB is mocking my love for Liverpool.

I have to say I'll remember you all when i'm sitting on the boat mid-week whilst you all have to work up to christmas. And yes Dad, i've got a key.

It's Christmas, give me a break.

Suzanne xXx

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
If you guys want to run a family and friends bulletin board could you please do it somewhere else? I hate football, dont like vodka, wont be on (my) boat over xmas and (unless you book me to do the photos) have little interest in Suzannes marital opportunities or affinity for yellow shirts.
Furthermore I find Byrons support for S rather suspect and the father/daughter pingpong rather distressing.
Get my drift....?

TonyR
boatone@boatsontheweb.com

ChrisP

Visit site
Have you looked at your own postings recently. When it comes to keeping to the subject of boating, a phrase containing "glass houses and stones"springs to mind.

suzanne

Visit site
Re: On your own!

I'm not going to gratify your response with any real reply, already spoken to people and we all say the same, but one thing i do find interesting is that you dont want friends bantering or having fun. If all the friends leave this forum and stop chatting to each other, it would be a sad place and you'd be on your own!

Suzanne xXx

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Re: On your own!

Doubt if I'm on my own although agree not many springing to my defence.........
Nothing against a bit of banter, have been known to do a bit myself.
Spose things have improved a little tho' , ...seem to remember last time I had a little gripe I was told I could leave if I liked....now you're all off and leaving me..? <BG>

TonyR
boatone@boatsontheweb.com

adarcy

Visit site
Springing to boatone\'s defence

It certainly doesn't look as if I'll get killed in the rush but here goes.

I totally agree with boatone. What about keeping the forum for boat and boating related things? Leg pulling and kind comments about gorgeous ladies on the forum are all fine but surely NOT B***DY FOOTBALL. There must be billiards of yawn yawn websites dedicated to football and if some of the erudite contributors (and others) here wish to lower themselves to football chat would they PLEASE leave this little part of the web uncontaminated ;-)

Anthony

BarryD

Visit site
Laxity in all things...

Oh come one it's fun. Ignore the posts - I find it all a wonderful insight and will find it hard to keep a straight face when I meet these people...

Picture the secne -
"Hi, I'm Suzanne"
"Gwoorfff" collapses in a heap.

I think it's great that the board has such people. AND while I am it - boatone is normally quite a happy chappy so forgive him. Besides his boats out of the water...

stewart

Visit site
Do what you like and ignore the miserable killjoys! Wish it was me on my boat with Vodka right now, so I'm jealous but happy that you can! OK, I guess that counts me as a supporter.

G

Now I enjoy it. I feel that I'm getting to know you people. I have a confession to make however. I am a yottie - or - raggie as I have recently learned from this forum (I've led a very sheltered life). Also, I had never heard of stinkpots before this forum.

Funnily enough I have just been pondering on the ratio of posts to threads on R to R compared to the same ratio on MBC and had come to the conclusion that stinkpots must be less serious than raggies, but much more sociable. Am I right?

I'm looking forward to your post festive season stories.

byron

RIP
Visit site
You will find as time goes on that quite a few of us are also closet Raggies too. Indeed some us still sail from time to time. As regards to being more sociable, I think we tend not to take ourselves too seriously but don't be fooled by the drivel, there are some very experienced dudes here. I don't wish to brag but single handed I have rowed on the Serpentine, Battersea Park and even Roath Park in Cardiff.
Even when I was little and I shared a bath with my brother my yellow duck always beat his.

ô¿ô
www.education-jobs.co.uk
www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

ToMo

Just outside Budapest or In the Med (Corfu)
Visit site
Good Grief Byron ! are you seriously telling us that they got a license to make two of you?.....and I thought it was the season of good will to all men! (there's your problem Suzanne - no mention of Women!!!), you can't say that! it's not Lady like.
Complements of the Season to everyone
TôMö

G

Re: Roath Park Sound

Ooh, I've been there. Mrs S used to live in Cardiff, so has family there. Cardiff has one of the very highest tidal ranges in Europe and open to the south west, so obviously one has to be very cautious with any boating exploits, especially around the islands where depths are deceptive.