Leather seaboot recommendations, please.

[3889]

Visit site
Never had DuBs but, after a year's ownership and ~120 days of use still happy with my Musto HPX Ocean. Warm, dry and not showing signs of undue wear.....yet!

Elemental

Visit site
I have a pair of Orca Bay Storm boots. They're very comfortable but haven't had a much wear yet. They appear to suit my feet better than Dubarry which didn't seem to have enough room around the ankle to allow my foot to slip in and out of the boot (high instep?). Anyhow, I'm pleased with them so far.

robertj

Visit site
I bought orca bay by accident which I’m very please with.
They fit my feet brilliantly but that doesn’t mean they fit others the same. Buy a boot you feel right and comfortable in, be them Musto, duBarry, Henry Lloyd, quayside or Uncle Tom cobblers.

pagoda

Visit site
But do ANY of them work on wooden decks?

My Dubarry soles used to work well on textured gel coat / GRP. On wood they are hopeless.

Solutions?

Bobc

Visit site
I've been very happy with Henri Lloyd Shadow boots.

If you shop around you can get them for a good price too. Recetly got a pair for SWMBO for £130.

Spyro

Visit site
I'm very happy with my Quayside Biscay boot, warm dry and comfortable with good grip. They are about 5 years old now but good as new. At the time I got them for just under £100 in a sale. That was about half the price of Dubs. It was the first pair of boots I'd bought other than wellies so I thought it was a lot to pay at the time but I wouldn't go back to rubber wellies again

michael_w

Visit site
When my Dubarrys mid layer disintergrated, the uppers and the sole were still fine, I bought a pair of Zhiks. OK they look a bit weird, but they're toasty warm, easy to pull on and off plus they've got a gaiter too.

Birdseye

Visit site
I've been very happy with Henri Lloyd Shadow boots.

If you shop around you can get them for a good price too. Recetly got a pair for SWMBO for £130.

Thats a good price for a pair of leather wellies???? Its back to black rubber ones for me then.

MM5AHO

Visit site
I did some digging about (AKA Google) when needing a new pair. I'd had Orca Bay, and they lasted about 4 years (or about 5000 miles.) They're not worn out but the sole to upper interface now leaks on both though after that wear they're really comfortable!
I figured that "rubber" might be the answer now, typically about £50 +/- 10

But after visiting a chandler in Glagsow, noticed Henri Lloyd Shadows Leather (waterproof) for £190 thought these were worth a try. (lower price that Orca, and 60% of Dubarry)
I've only done 5 days and only about 200 miles, but so far so good. Certainly waterproof, warm (and last weekend too hot), but less breathable that I'd hoped. Good grippy tread, even on dry teak I have in my cockpit grating.

Ehecatl

Visit site
Just put two pairs of Dubarrys in the recycling bin due to soles parting company with uppers. They didn’t owe us anything, having done quite a few miles over several years.

Now to replace them - are Dubarrys still recommended or is there a better make now?

Did you see if Dubarry could resole them? there was a long diatribe on here about this. they did a fabulous job on mine.