Lazy Days in Poole Harbour on Court Jester

lanason

Visit site
When I was a kid my Dad had a 30ft Cleopatra (Court Jester) with a bright yellow hull. 6 berth and a little dingy. I loved it. The question is now I want to buy my own boat. Will it be like I remember it - sun, long, lazy days with water lapping on the hull. Planning back to Wareham River at 25knots with the sun setting on a mill pond water surface.
Or is that an illusion built up over the years as I have grown up and got married, bought a house, kids ....
I need to know before I do something stupid ????

aztec

Visit site
I live in Wareham, don't do 25 knots up the river though the EA don't like it (makes the ducks dirty i think)

and yes we're all still pretty lazy here.

lanason

Visit site
My aunt used to live near the church in behind the Grannary before she passed away.
Well 25 knots was in the Harbour up to the River entrance, but no actually in the River. We used to moor at Redcliff. Do you know it ??
Where is your boat moored.

aztec

Visit site
yes very well, i have just bought an old boat to do up, i should be mooring at ridge warf about 1 mile from redcliff. but hope to get an EA mooring nearer wareham.

lanason

Visit site
I had a nostogic look round Ridge only a few weeks ago when we had a holiday at Weymouth. We even looked in on Redcliff. The mooring stage my Dad made 20 years ago was still there and in working order !!!!

aztec

Visit site
brought my boat back from the yard today, my first trip in it, and enjoyed every second! not quite a millpond and soon discovered the benefits of working screen wipers but good fun nevertheless, yes i would recomend it to anyone.