Laying mooring tackle on the Deben

GrandadPig

Visit site
I have been allocated a mooring by the Kyson Fairways Committee.
No tackle though.

I have been told to contact Tam Grundy but did a Google search and found nothing useful.

Has any got, or could point me to, a contact number for Mr Grundy please?
Thank you

PetiteFleur

Visit site
Andrew at Felixstowe Ferry Boatyard always does ours- but we are based at Felixstowe Ferry - reasonable price especially if he can do two.

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
Finally got around to chatting to Tam today. Between 5 & 6 hundred for new sinker and riser etc.. can do it in a couple of weeks. I have his email if you would like it.

steve

I can recommend Tam. Known him since he was a Harwich tug master. V. knowledgeable and v. reliable - did my mooring in Methersgate Reach for years.

GrandadPig

Visit site
I can recommend Tam. Known him since he was a Harwich tug master. V. knowledgeable and v. reliable - did my mooring in Methersgate Reach for years.
That’s good to know. Last mooring I had laid, was on the Blackwater, about 15 years ago. That cost iirc about £350, so the price did not surprise me. Worth it for peace of mind and keeps the insurance company happy I think.

Oldgeezer

Visit site
Just wondered, before I commit one way or other....

Any idea where there is a chart of mooring locations? I think 131 is south of Loders cut but......
Being odd number may be on Northern side and thats about it!

Thanks

added -
A bit more info - its near Kyson point and two yachts nearby are 'Beerhunter' and 'Penny'
I shall go exploring by dinghy Tuesday or Wednesday to see......

Last edited:

Oldgeezer

Visit site
That should be fun! I had a two stroke 'Mariner' that got dropped and lost in the deben. It was found two years later, stripped, cleaned, rebuilt and runs better than new! (New owner posted on here!)

I've a feeling the moorings are on the route around loders cut rather than past it. Probably Wednesday pm. I'll let you know if I can locate position!

Oldgeezer

Visit site
Member of Woodbridge Cruising Club. But dont think it will be open Wednesday:(
Sailing from Ipswich Haven Marina in the morning so no idea of time at Woodbridge but looking at tides, winds, course, seaweed, it could be anytime!
are you planning to be there wednesday?