Laying Down Supper - End of Season Meeting

FullCircle

Visit site
Re: Regrets

Will, our commiserations.
Send Duvel instead.
But not with Roger, as we need it to arrive. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

See you at the next one, for which I have a cunning plan.. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Re: Regrets

Thanks Jim

With regards to the Duvel: whilst I do not mind in the least sharing my stash when in pleasant company, I will on no account just part with it without being able to partake in the drinking.

As it stands, I have only eight bottles left. And they have to last me till the end of the month (next Ostend trip).

G

Some links for you: rumsfeld tamiflu is page about rumsfeld tamiflu. carisoprodol online is page about carisoprodol online. amoxicillin allergy is page about amoxicillin allergy. ibuprofen 800 mg is page about ibuprofen 800 mg. fioricet for sale is page about fioricet for sale. danger of lipitor is page about danger of lipitor. alprazolam side effect is page about alprazolam side effect. online pharmacy celexa is page about online pharmacy celexa. acetaminophen tramadol hcl is page about acetaminophen tramadol hcl. tramadol hcl is page about tramadol hcl. generic diflucan is page about generic diflucan. discount on diazepam is page about discount on diazepam. ephedrine online discount is page about ephedrine online discount. online lortab prescription is page about online lortab prescription. buy yasmin without prescription is page about buy yasmin without prescription. morphine side effects is page about morphine side effects. ativan is page about ativan. purchase lorazepam online is page about purchase lorazepam online. ultram dosing is page about ultram dosing. clonazepam cheap order is page about clonazepam cheap order. fioricet overnight delivery is page about fioricet overnight delivery. lowest price for acyclovir is page about lowest price for acyclovir. mexican pharmacy tylenol is page about mexican pharmacy tylenol. generic fioricet is page about generic fioricet. ativan withdrawal symptom is page about ativan withdrawal symptom.

sailorman

Visit site
Re: OK Heres the menus - be quick have to be in by Thurs morn

Hi Jim

i expect to be s/handed this w/e to Mersea
BUT if swimbo decides to come down this w/e weather permiting she wont want to sail that far at the moment with perdicted winds.
will know for definate tomorrow a/n

assuming i come s/handed:-

1 x soup
1 x casserole
1 x pavlova

will pm you my mobi no

cheers roger ( sans Duvel )

truantagain

Visit site
Weather forecast

Hi Jim

Just looking at the weather forecast for tomorrow morning and I'm not too sure that I'm going to be able to convince my better half to leave the berth if it's blowing the foreacst 6's to 8's.

Will check the forecast again this evening and see if blows through quicker than expected. If it doesn't we might need to cancel.

Can I call you on your mobile this evening to confirm?

Just pm me your address and I'll send you a cheque to cover the deposit + whatever elese they charge for cancellation.

Fingers crossed that there is some iprovement as we are really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers

Grant

phatcat1

Visit site
Re: Weather forecast

Jim & Neil,thanks for all your efforts, but the weather looks like it might get the better of us as well.

SWMBO is not happy about the weather that is predicted, and we have 2 semi/non sailing friends with us this weekend, and it would be wrong to subject them to a 4-5 hour passage in 7's & 8's.

We will make a final decision tonight when on the boat with the latest weather info.

This is a real shame as we were really looking forward to meeting forum peeps.

If this blows through tonight, we will be there.

I will call you on the mobile tonight.

Please let me know if there is a "cancellation fee" as the Coast wanted a £5 head deposit. Let me know if there is anything to pay, and I will call them with card details.

Will call later

Best wishes

Nick /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com

We'll be there by boat unless its looney.... will probably stick our nose out of Harwich around 08h30 tommorrow morning, and make final call then.... if its mad, then we'll about face, and get in the car.... see you all there.....

truantagain

Visit site

Hi Neil

Unfortunately going by car would not be an option for us - it's more to do with the baby and getting her down at a reasonable time. If we were going by boat I probably would haev taken baby and mom back to the boat quite early and boy and dad would have come back for ice-cream and beer, and just to make sure I get that the right way - that's ice cream for my boy and the beer for me :)

I'll give Jim or you a call this evening.

SWMBO just called to say that latest forecast has possible 9 for this evening. F pontoon at Woolverstone is going to lively in that NW.

Cheers

Grant

FullCircle

Visit site

OK All, no problems, just a bit of juggling.
There will be no cancellation charges at the moment.

I have included:

Full Circle
Magna Carter
Sailorman
Vreny
Trevera25
Squidge

Current cancellations:
phatcat1
truantagain
Guapa
Mr Grumpy

I am faxing over the revised order to the Coast Inn now, as they need to organise it.
If anyone wants to confirm after now, please phone the Coasat Inn direct 0n 01206-383858, and ask for Belinda.
I have booked the party in my name Jim Dew.

Thanks for letting me know in time, please come by car if you can, if not, we will see you at the next one. I have cunning plan for the next one.

Jim

truantagain

Visit site

No doubt we will /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We plan on staying in the water till mid December, so if you fancy doing something before give us a shout.

Cheers

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk

apologies to all
i am sure I missed avery good night. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

and shall await the evidence being posted /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif...unless GC1 was there in which case some pics will need editing /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Had a bad time in Germany at budget meetings and had to re-arrange my flight home. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

As the end of season is approaching faster...is there any thought to a land based late November meet?

Doug

sailorman

Visit site
Post Mortem

Could have been very bad /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Fine sail from Harwich to West mersea 26 kts true ( 29 apparent ) @ times made in one tack started one reef full genny , met with Magna Carter for photo shoot /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
furled genny to one reef ( got a bit choppy /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) & laid the Knoll By & tacked for Mersea, nav spot-on /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif (as i hit it " After H.W. Springs " the rest best avoided /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif )
managed to get off un-aided/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif ( but did ask 4 assistance /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif) moored-up with the other 2 boats for "afternoon tea n crumpets /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gifon Full Circle".Then off to local Hostelries to wine n dine.
met some new face /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

16617059c3ea0a2628d369b6712d6f9846bb23637e6007b75bc0c6b3.jpg

The Waverley leaving Harwich 08/10/06

092133148113cb9bd16da4e7eb2925973bb0daf24f3592742b9b62f6.jpg

Maggie off The Naze

20780675daf823c0e6039b1a1f841d101a9dee3bde39c7b9bff56f27.jpg

96049512c7262aebdfde92306f39dea0e10fcebd5ac8ebde9e2ebbb6.jpg

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Re: Post Mortem

Hummhhh...

That photo doesn't really do the wind justice does it!

We were still managing to stick the rails in with that tiny scrap of genny, and making a decent 7.5 to 8kts over the water on occasions....

Will post piccies of Jolie Brise when i've downloaded them.....

Thanks all for a great weekend... thoroughly enjoyable, and great sail back with 19kts apparent on a beam reach..... superb....10kts over the ground.....