Laundry - Ionian south of Lefkada

telford_mike

Visit site
We've been trying laundry possibilities on Lefkada - all good, particularly the 'Wash & Go' in Nidri main street which is very good. Spotted machines in Vasiliki too, so no worries there. Does anyone know whether there are any laundry facilities further south, particularly on Cephalonia? We'll be calling in at the usual stops next month (Fiscardo, Sami, Agia Efimia etc). Any info on Big Vathi also appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike.

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
Chef John's taverna on Kastos has a laundry. If you have dinner there, they'll do a wash and dry for free the following morning, just present you receipt from the meal to qualify.

George's (as we know it) on the right as you enter little Vathi has washing machines no drier. Moor for free but eat at the restaurant. Call ahead and speak to Alex to book a berth on 6977808852.

The left hand bar at the head of Abelike bay has washing machines but no drier. Lovely place to sit whilst the machine churns away.

There are any number of laundries in Sivota, all do wash or wash and dry.

I can't recall a laundry in Sammi. There is one in Ag Eufemia but it has priced itself out of any business from us. Can't recall one in Poros but seem to think there is one in Fiskado. Frikes has a laundry run by the mini market, no drier as I recall.

That enough to be going on with?

Hardmy

Visit site
Thanks a lot, this is really helpful. Your list goes right now in my files!

I will return next Saturday to my boat which is presently in Mandraki (Corfu). Do you know by chance, a place where I can do my laundry/or get it done around there?

telford_mike

Visit site
Chef John's taverna on Kastos has a laundry. If you have dinner there, they'll do a wash and dry for free the following morning, just present you receipt from the meal to qualify.

George's (as we know it) on the right as you enter little Vathi has washing machines no drier. Moor for free but eat at the restaurant. Call ahead and speak to Alex to book a berth on 6977808852.

The left hand bar at the head of Abelike bay has washing machines but no drier. Lovely place to sit whilst the machine churns away.

There are any number of laundries in Sivota, all do wash or wash and dry.

I can't recall a laundry in Sammi. There is one in Ag Eufemia but it has priced itself out of any business from us. Can't recall one in Poros but seem to think there is one in Fiskado. Frikes has a laundry run by the mini market, no drier as I recall.

That enough to be going on with?

Many thanks, that's great! Val does like to know where she can get the next load done :)

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com

I will return next Saturday to my boat which is presently in Mandraki (Corfu). Do you know by chance, a place where I can do my laundry/or get it done around there?

Sorry, I don't know of a laundry in Corfu town itself. We get ours done by a friend but she's not in town. The only laundry I know of on Corfu is the one in the marina at Gouvia. Good service but not cheap. Pause, thinks to ones self "How did I pick up the job of listing the laundries south of Lefkas?"

Max K

N/A
Visit site
We've been trying laundry possibilities on Lefkada - all good, particularly the 'Wash & Go' in Nidri main street which is very good. Spotted machines in Vasiliki too, so no worries there. Does anyone know whether there are any laundry facilities further south, particularly on Cephalonia? We'll be calling in at the usual stops next month (Fiscardo, Sami, Agia Efimia etc). Any info on Big Vathi also appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike.

Moor at the ferry terminal berths in Poros Keff. and walk back over the hill to the town. In the run of shops on each side of the road, I'm sure there was a laundry.

We have an onboard twin tub of caravan shop origins which works superbly.

Max.

alexsailor

Visit site

In the old part of Corfu there is a laundry (somewhere in the red circle). I hope you do recognize the map.
The sign is seen from the blue dot that I made od the map. Then just follow the signs.
They are not cheap (can not remember how much do they charge) and they also run the dry cleaning.

corfu copy.jpg

alexsailor

Visit site
What about Patras?
Last time I was there, they (not marina but a service from town- they came to the boat) charged me 15eur... (and one night in marina is 20 eur...)

smb

Visit site
Just buy a couple of buckets; whether you're north or south of Lefkada and even if you're somewhere in between, they'll still work.

Amen to that, and the wringing out gives the forearms a workout as well.

Regards Corfu, whatsisface at the big taverna top of Petriti harbour always offers his customers. Think it's part of a cunning plan to get you back in for breakfast but with eggs bacon coffee and juice you'd probably go anyway..

Steve

Last edited:
Visit site

Thanks,
Mike.
Vlhio Yacht club will do it for you, reasonable charge, also a new one in the village, access off the main road in the street that runs parallel to it.

alexsailor

Visit site
What about Preveza? Ok I know you can do it in Cleopatra marina but I guess it is just for those whoa are berthed there.
Is there a laundry in town?