Latest Premier Offer - Why do they bother?

Talulah

Visit site
This morning I received the 'Masthead' newsletter/email from Premier Marinas.
In response I sent the below reply.

Re: EXCLUSIVE LANDAU UK OFFER
It's great that Premier Marinas bring us some exclusive offers but it would be very much appreciated if you could bring us some real offers.
For example: the current Landau Offer at £996 + VAT = £1195.
Well without really searching but doing a quick search on Google shows that the Icom unit can be bought for £680.
So this means that installation by Landau is £515. A pretty good offer for Landau but definately not a good offer for Premier Customers.
Filling 'Masthead' with these types of offers consigns the publication to the bin and devalues the Premier brand.
Come on Premier. You can do better than this.

(I see the unit retails for £650 at MES)

Seajet

Visit site
Act Now or lose forever.

I've said it a few times and no apologies for repeating it;

In a very short time - weeks or months from NOW Wednesday 26th October 2011 - it will be virtually impossible to lay new swinging moorings, as this counts as 'depositing items on the seabed'.

If you know of a derelict mooring, for Christ's sake get it marked properly as a matter of urgency, as an investment or just an aid to future generations, they will not look kindly on us for losing the moorings of those before us !

If you think I'm joking, ask anyone in what I regard as the UK's heart of sailing, Falmouth; they have suddenly been told they cannot race in their traditional areas, cannot anchor committee boats, and cannot even enter to sail through an area off St Mawes, the most bust in-harbour spot !

PLEASE mark those moorings or lose them forever !!!

Actually I think I might make a new thread of this...please do act.

laika

Visit site
So this means that installation by Landau is £515.

Commander Koenig comes onto your boat and does stuff with technology which means people will be able to track you when some catastrophe results in you drifting off into the void? Money well spent I'd say...

Landau UK

Visit site
Premier Marina offers

Talulah

As MD of Landau UK I was concerned to read your comments on our ICOM AIS Transponder offer to Premier berth holders. The offer was put together with the support of ICOM and was priced to offer Premier customers a real saving over the full supply and install prices offered by other BMEA recognised retailers at the time.
At Landau UK our objective has always been to do a quality job at a fair price. So our ICOM offer naturally includes all the parts to make for a quality installation including; VHF antenna, mounts, all cabling, consumables etc - much more than just the ICOM unit and labour. Our work is also carried out by experienced engineers, and backed by our after sales service and a full warranty. When you add all the costs up in a like for like way I am sure you will find that our offer is good value for the customer.
The following letter, received from one customer who took up the offer, gives an idea of the level of service to which we aspire:

“I just wanted to drop a line to say thank you for installing our AIS for the Fastnet.
Like you, we are a commercial operation and our charter yacht ******* is quite busy, so we were relieved that you were able to fit an appointment for your Engineers to suit our diary.
Your engineer and his trainee arrived on time, smartly dressed. They were polite and very helpful in advising on suitable equipment location etc. They protected the boat well, installed it extremely neatly, the wiring routes were the best routes not necessarily the easiest, they put everything back properly and cleaned up to our satisfaction.
[Your engineer] not only worked around us but consulted us at every stage and spent as much time as we required setting up the equipment and showing us how it works with great patience.
It was a pleasure using your services and we will again.”

I do believe Premier Marinas work hard to find good offers for their customers and we genuinely feel that this offer does represent good value, commensurate with the quality of the job.
Ben Metcalfe

Dockhead

Visit site
I bought my insurance through Premier, and have renewed it now for the second time running. I have not been able to find a deal within even 200 pounds of the Premier price, and the policy terms (the provider is Towergate) are really good. So there's at least one good deal through them.

Talulah

Visit site
Talulah

As MD of Landau UK I was concerned to read your comments on our ICOM AIS Transponder offer to Premier berth holders. The offer was put together with the support of ICOM and was priced to offer Premier customers a real saving over the full supply and install prices offered by other BMEA recognised retailers at the time.
At Landau UK our objective has always been to do a quality job at a fair price. So our ICOM offer naturally includes all the parts to make for a quality installation including; VHF antenna, mounts, all cabling, consumables etc - much more than just the ICOM unit and labour. Our work is also carried out by experienced engineers, and backed by our after sales service and a full warranty. When you add all the costs up in a like for like way I am sure you will find that our offer is good value for the customer.
The following letter, received from one customer who took up the offer, gives an idea of the level of service to which we aspire:

“I just wanted to drop a line to say thank you for installing our AIS for the Fastnet.
Like you, we are a commercial operation and our charter yacht ******* is quite busy, so we were relieved that you were able to fit an appointment for your Engineers to suit our diary.
Your engineer and his trainee arrived on time, smartly dressed. They were polite and very helpful in advising on suitable equipment location etc. They protected the boat well, installed it extremely neatly, the wiring routes were the best routes not necessarily the easiest, they put everything back properly and cleaned up to our satisfaction.
[Your engineer] not only worked around us but consulted us at every stage and spent as much time as we required setting up the equipment and showing us how it works with great patience.
It was a pleasure using your services and we will again.”

I do believe Premier Marinas work hard to find good offers for their customers and we genuinely feel that this offer does represent good value, commensurate with the quality of the job.
Ben Metcalfe

Hello Ben
I think it is great you've come back and responded to my earlier criticism.
My perception of what such an install would include falls far short of the service you deliver and I apologise.
I had assumed that antennas, mounts, cabling and other consumables would have been charged extra and from your response above this is clearly not the case.
Because people like me have certain preconceptions of what is/isn't included it may help to expand the offer details to overcome this accepting you would have been limited on space.
Once again, I apologise.
Edward

Blueboatman

Visit site
Take a plank and a screw and a bolt, multiply by a zillion, add labour. Smarten up that pontoon sir? Kerching. Add business rates. etc . Bit oi dredging and piling sir? How about some 24hr security and manned desk and carparking and hot water and ...
Any marina operator seriously making any sort of return at the mo? ( Apart from Yarmouth Harbour commissioners):)