Kos Marina-Greece

affinite

Visit site
mmm Id have been interested to hear the reply.

Im going to Kos in May. Couldnt get a reservation in the marina for 6 weeks May-July though. Perhaps the are only interested in 12 month or 1 night

tonybannister

Visit site
I do not have a berth in Kos but visit each year and have friends there. My wife and I both love it but getting a mooring can be difficult. A lot of the marina is occupied by charter boats and they have to leave space in the height of the season for them. A friend who has an annual berth has not left the marina much due to illness and he has been told they will not renew his contract. I guess they rely on contract holders cruising so they can let out there moorings. Leros and Samos are good alternatives.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Kos Marina

Kos Marina was a great marina I was there a year after it was first open and held a contract berth for 5 years until the new management came in and started to throw their weight about , only allowing some contractors to work on yacht and wanted a fee for letting them work on the boats , their attitude went from being very polite to their clientele to “if you don’t like it then leave “.
The marina itself was a lovely and clean marina and the staff was always help full and what pavlos the chandlers outside the marina didn’t have he could always get for you , but it don’t surprise me that they have asked tonybannister friend to leave the marina , they more interested in the charter boat , at the time I was there the new management had a big interest in them .
In the winter I found it to be very quiet most of the town shut up but that the same on most of the Islands .
the Harbour was also run by them too ..

www.bluewatersailor2.webs.com

rivonia

Visit site
Kos

Hello All, Many thanks for the replies and the PM I have pmd back.

We have a provisional booking for winter in Kos and hope to be down there in early summer to sus the place out and speak to everyone. Have applied to joinn the CA as we should then get a 10% discount. We only pay monohull rates here in Lefkas, Kos quoted a very good price but it is still a tad higher than here.

Fair winds

Peter