Koden MD3000 Radar

G

My Koden radar has a fault, when it is turned from standby to on it doesnt work yet the scanner is turning. Marconi refuse to support it as it is too old but I am reluctant to throw it away as until a few weeks ago it was perfect. Can anyone suggest what the fault may be or has anyone a circuit diagram so I can get an electronics expert to mend it ?
Thanks in hope and anticipation

byron

RIP
Visit site
First thing to check is the aerial lead from the scanner to the monitor for continuanty, rather like a VHF Radio it is vital that there is a good connection between the two. ALSO: if you have had any dampness in your boat... try taking the Monitor off and storing it in your airing cupboard for 24 hours.

©2001

byron

RIP
Visit site
Not a bad break but I have to confess the boat's performance did not live up to expectations indeed fell well short of them on speeds although she did give a smooth ride in a chop.
Anyone wanna cheap 435?

Thankjs for the welcome back :)

©2001

trev

Visit site
Does the screen stay blank or do you get a trace and/or heading marker?
If the screen stays blank it could be a simple switch fault.
Do the gain controls work?
In other words if all the controls work and the screen 'tries' to give you a picture it could be a transmission/receiver fault (serious), but if nothing happens then its probably something simple like bad connections or switching.
I guess you've tried the obvious- operating the stand-by/run switch several times very quickly?

Trev

G

Trev Thanks for the advice. The screen tries to get a picture but keeps going from blank to standby. None of the controls work so I can't tell if it's a switch. Just before it went on the blink the tune bar kept going off so I suspect it might be something to do with that. Do you happen to know where I can source a new knob for the tuneing bit from ?

brianrunyard

homepage.ntlworld.com
I had a similar fault on mine, I had a heading marker but nothing else, traced it to a fault in the cable between scanner and display. One of the 24 wires was broken. I have a manual but I think it's for the MD300, I'll check tonight.
E-mail me with your mail address, and I'll send a copy.
Regards,
Brian
"Figment" Poole, Dorset.
brunyard@hotmail.com

mainshiptom

Visit site
Where are you based ?

I have some rader know how !

I would normally check for bad connections or blown out fuse first..

I have seen the big fat wires that come down from the aerial root away if they have any cuts or damage on them ?

Tom

<hr width=100% size=1>