Kim this BBS is so slow now it aint funny!

BarryD

Visit site
Re: No issues, no problems

Why thank you WakeUp for enlightening me, I had not realised what a consummate IT professional you are. However it is of value to IPC and Kim etal to know that some users are not experiencing problems before they pull their communications array and server room to bits .

Just because you and 20 others have noticed degradation in service performance (which undoubtedly is occurring) does not mean that it is broke at their end.

Gosh how non boaty, I really must go and have a cup of tea.

Go left, YOUR OTHER left for pete's sake
(IMHO, BTW, FWIW and NWGOI)

wakeup

Visit site

You've missed the point I think BarryD. Whilst technically the problem might lie with their ISP and not with their systems from the average Joe Soap users point of view they will come onto this BB and get at some point very poor repsonse (Until upgrade has happened). They will then go to other BBs and find they are fast and not bother with mby.

So to use the Rail analogy the users of the trains don't care who's fault it is when things go wrong (Operators vs railtrack)they will bitch about the train operators every single time as thats who they buy the service from.

I am a subscriber to MBY and I usually buy MBM, I therfore feel I have a right to point out when this BB is not up to scratch service wise so the professionals at MBY can sort it out which I am sure they will, for the benefit of all the users, rather than adopt an I'm all right jack attitude.

yada yada..

ccscott49

Visit site

I've experienced problems on and off on all kinds of equipment all over europe, so its definitely something at YBW end, not our end, sometimes it could be with us, but I mean I've used lots and lots of different confusers and had problems oon most of them at some time or another. Thanks for bringing this up, I'm not smart enough with confusers to know what was happening, now at least I know its not all me!

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: Gardeners question Time.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would have stooped to this. But if you insist here goes. MTD Lawn flight 604. But they made a mistake with this one and stuck a 15.5 engine in it instead of 14.5. Briggs and Stratton engine which are excelent. Last ones done about 15 years with loads of abuse. Just taken it down to work today to mow the lawns. Foot long grass about a 1 in 1 hill and up it crawled!! Could not belive it. Much better than the old Lazer one. I feel a bit embarassed writting this. Is there anything else you want to know??

No one can force me to come here-----------
----- I'm a Volunteer!!!

Haydn

G

Stop, please! My brains are leaking out of my ears.

jfm

Visit site

Thanks Haydn. I'll take a look at that one. I've upgraded the garden size to tractor level and I know sod all about this. Local shop wants to sell me what he stocks, not what is best. Some of the bent tin ones you see in garden shops look like they'll bust in about 10minutes. So 14 or 15hp sounds good, I'll take a look thanks.

Now, what do you know about begonias aaaaargh!

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Depends what you want it for, to get the best model. Ive got three lawns but not all that big individualy and loads of tight turns. so dotn want some thing to big. On the other hand Igot sevn acres of padock come field and a TIP!! So need some thing to stick the trailer on for lumping posts and garbage on. Bought this partly cos the grass box lifts straight off with one hand. So trailer or masive fourtyfive gallon drum, concrete filled roller goes on the back in an instant. 11.5 hp in the last one was plenty for mowing normal lawns and even for bashing through nettles and weeds in the field. Bought this cos there was only 100 quid in it. From 12hp to 15. Mind you it has got seven reverse gears to. Which is interesting!! And not alot of money with 10% Knocked off. Much better than B&Q.
Now about the Begonias. Or from the Latin Beg-on-ye-asses. An old Arab custom. Plant them in a sunny disposision and ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Bugger off!!

----- I'm a Volunteer!!!

Haydn

coliholic

Visit site

Cor this sounds fascinating H, (yawn yawn), think I'll go and have a look at my grass grow. So has this new mower got a bog on it then along with the radar. plotter, depth sounder etc. Sounds like it's got everything else. ?

Anyway what you need a motor mower for? You've got Tut's and I'm sure she could do a good job by hand alone.

Oh and getting back to the original topic. We're on this wonderful NTL broadband service and never had any slowing down or problems on this, or any other site.

wakeup

Visit site
Tonight it is very fast - go figure?

yada yada..<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by wakeup on Thu May 30 21:47:13 2002 (server time).</FONT></P>

wakeup

Visit site
I take it back its nearly stopped!

It seems that it stalls when calling the postlist.pl and shofflat.pl scripts.

My guess is that these are Oracle PL/SQL scripts?

It seems consistently these scripts that seem to stall where everything else is ok.

yada yada..

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Oh we got slow down. Big time this end. It even wanted to know my pass word ot one time . But just re booted it and kicked it back into shape.. Got worried at one point. thought I'd said sumfink wrong and got Kimerised. Not a nice thought at the time. But no ( Anyway he's a wimp) So can get away with any thing!!!! Anyway since Computer thingy or server or who ever Or Kim- Der- bascker- villes- of hell come down.
just trying to say it goes wrong sum times. not complaining. Mind you I think that Colialcoholic thingy wants sorting out a bit. Anyway give me a shout when t sea has stopped going all lumpy plop. cos I'm sick of driving the tractor. and the telly has gone in for repair. Go on Who's aiming for Dartmouth. Tell us.

----- I'm a Volunteer!!!

Haydn

chippie

Visit site

I'm posting from NZ, loading times are quick, even on my old computer.
Maybe its a volume problem as my posting times are out of synch with UK users.
Just a thought.

ken

Visit site
For what its' worth, driving me bonkers as well, last 3 evenings just gave up as it was so slow. It has taken me 12 mins just to get in and post this!
Ken

ken

Visit site
Swap places, tried getting into the Targa v Sealine thread, no joy. Logged off and back on again -gets' on to the site very quick but try getting down the threads? no sir ee. Enough already, will try again tomorrow.. after Ireland win their match. On second thoughts, I may not be capable if they do, hhmmmm
Ken