Kastos, Ionian.

cynthia

Visit site
The one and only little food shop has decided not to open until the end of June this year, so if you are planning to visit Kastos top up the ship's stores!

cynthia

Visit site
Plenty of nibbles for apero and the local ice-cream is as delicious as always. Usual taverna about to have a visit. I'm happy!

Angele

Visit site
The one and only little food shop has decided not to open until the end of June this year, so if you are planning to visit Kastos top up the ship's stores!

Noooooo!

I bought some really cheap white wine in plastic bottles from there last year and it was excellent. I was very much hoping to do the same again this year - flying out to Preveza this coming Sunday.

:(

pmartin127

Visit site
We’re in Kastos now and I have to report the sad news that Gerry (he of the mini-mart) has sadly ceased trading. Signs that were visible from the harbour are gone and a sign in the square says it has closed but thanks everyone for their patronage.
Gerry and Noni will be missed as, I assume, they enjoy their retirement in NZ.

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
Oh no. That's really sad. Gerry and Noni always greeted us like long lost relatives on our first visit of the season and we looked forward to seeing them on and off through the season. Ah well, this bumps the freezer project a bit further up the priority list, as we won't be able to stay as long without their shop for fresh food.