Kamd44 heating

derekh

Visit site
Hi, I hope i can be steered here to do the right thing. I believe reading forums that my heating problem on my kamd44’s is a partially blocked heat exchanger (both engines run too warm over 3000 rpm) can these be cleaned without removal as in my boat access to one of them is a massive job. (Galley removal) can someone who has done the job share method which works.
Very many thanks.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
No need to ask the mobo boys, we knows how to do this here :)

Rydlyme is what you need.

https://www.ricoservices.co.uk/environmentallyfr.htm

A bucket of Rydlyme with a little pond pump in it, pump it into "start" the cooling circuit with the pump and from the last connection possible back to the bucket. Round and round it goes, for 2 or 3 hours and your heat exchangers should look like new inside.

Last edited:

zoidberg

Visit site
No need to ask the mobo boys, we knows how to do this here :) Rydlyme is what you need. https://www.ricoservices.co.uk/environmentallyfr.htm

A bucket of Rydlyme with a little pond pump in it, pump it into "start" the cooling circuit with the pump and fro the last connection possible back to the bucket. Round and round it goes, for 2 or 3 hours and your heat exchangers should look like new inside.

Geez, but this guy is good!

What we need now is a portable/deflatable vinyl/Hypalon bathtub in which I could immerse my whole boat.....

Maybe they do something similar for oil containment? Howzabout it, Paul?

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Geez, but this guy is good!

What we need now is a portable/deflatable vinyl/Hypalon bathtub in which I could immerse my whole boat.....

Maybe they do something similar for oil containment? Howzabout it, Paul?

LOL i don't think it works on the whole boat :)

Other threads that may be of interest