just wondered

aztec

Visit site
ok you lot, most of you know what you're talking about with regards to boat engines. but how do you justify the cost of engine work? i read with delight an engine rebuild costing multiples of a grand.... i'm not taking the p..s but i'm genuinely interested in how you spend that amount of money on an engine.

now i'm in for some stick! but iv'e been building and rebuilding engines for many years, including big diesels, offshore powerboat and classic aston/lagonda and i'm considering rebuilding seven boat engines so that i can retire! please give me your views pos or neg to allow me to evaluate further.

Hail be to sir B.

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
www.jensenengland.co.uk
It's not a question of justifying the cost of engine work...it has to be done. So the price or cost comes down to good 'ol market forces. Lots of supply down comes the price, any scarcity of the service and up it goes. However, service is the word and although price has to be in the right ball park, selection will probably be made emotively on reliability, proven capability and "being a nice chap"
Hope this helps and I hope your initiative is successful
David