Just can't help some people......

BarryH

Visit site
Just can\'t help some people......

...... as I mentioned before, the kiddies needed a mode of transport that took more then 6 wheelchairs. Had the meeting with the powers that be, and the upshot being, that the money raised by all those that kindly offered, could be seen to compromise my position as a supplier/contractor. How they work that out i do not know. Any funds raised would be by a group of individuals that take their time and money to give them something they need, with no strings.

Well as I said, You just cant help some people! Go figure!!!

BarryH

Visit site
Re: Just can\'t help some people......

Just because a jobsworth sticks with the red tape, half the kids wont go to the beach/zoo/fair/holidays or what ever. Bet it would be different if it was them that could,nt go out or on holiday and look at the same four walls for 365 days a year.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: Just can\'t help some people......

Suppose I could take six wheel chairs. Trouble is, they'd all be in a heap in the back, when I put the power on. But if it's for a good cause, well never mind. Dont want rules about it though and neither do they, just drop the trim tabs and spread them about a bit. Just get rid of the do gooders. It's them thats the problem.

Haydn

PGD

www.peter-davey.com
Re: does the forum want to do some good anyway?

as mentioned before we could all tie up with Children In Need - the BBC thing, if we do something boaty then the chance of coverage would be good as it's a bit different - also it's a national charity so if well publisised then you could get people doing someting on boats all over the UK - we'd just need to divise a set of rules or something that any group of boaties could follow - like the concept of a sponsoed walk - also the teddy idea would tie in with Pudsey Bear too.

What do you think?

Peter

BarryH

Visit site

Sounds a good idea Peter. Probably a bit more workable too, maybe the mags could get involved, see what kim thinks. The bear thingy could be timed to arrive to coincide with the thing on the telly. Blimey Kim think of all that free national primetime advertising!!!!!!

andyball

Visit site

I understand that the owner of Hayling Yacht Company organizes (or is one of the organisers of...) a day in June, taking disabled children out in Chichester Harbour.....I'm very vague about exactly what happens, but he tells me they had a large number of boats last year.

We've signed up, anyway.

If I find out more, I'll start another thread here.

coliholic

Visit site

Oh gawd Andy, wish you'd kept that quiet. Now you'll get BarryD volunterring and then there'll be all sorts of mayhem and trouble.

I can see the headline now. "Boating nutter disappears with our kids". ;-)

BarryD

Visit site

Thaks for the vote of confidence Coliholic! Which way is South BTW? Green cans port or starboard and how wide is the channel (calling Kev "better lift the legs then" B).

Happy to help but in year one of ownership probably safer if I only kill self / family or friends rather than strangers <G>

Havoc, fire, confusion, and mis-trust, yes my work here is done...

Barry D

andyball

Visit site
Re: BarryD

Barry, we're only in the second month of ownership, but I reckon by June I'll have coming alongside off to a T.......(it's amazing the difference in handling an extra 4 feet and 108hp makes : we're having a days tuition in low-speed manoeuvres next week )

BarryD

Visit site
AndyBall

Ahh Andy - I infer from your post that you've owned a boat before. Until last August I'd only be on a couple of broads weeks, so boat ownership and usage is very much a new thing. More than happy to help from MVII but quite likely to sink someone in the process.

Getting as much tutiton as I can - chap called Adobe in the Southampton area is offering some free boat handling experience, we're trying to meet / chat but have not hooked up yet (my fault).

So in true TCM style "Wot you got, then?"

Havoc, fire, confusion, and mis-trust, yes my work here is done...

Barry D

andyball

Visit site
Not as big as yours....

A Crestliner 2160 with a suzuki 115 o/b : I'd just got very used to a 16' fishing boat with 8hp.

If you ever need crew/moral support.....do shout.