Just a "thankyou" to.....

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk
Just a \"thankyou\" to.....

...Angela, in what I know has been a busy and hectic work pattern over the last couple of weeks for her and many other public services, to find the time to make personal posts here to keep us all informed...

... and above Eynsham this evening looks navigable with the river about a foot below the bankside

Beryl

Visit site
Re: Just a \"thankyou\" to.....

I have never come across so many male chauvinist hypocrites in all my life. If you take the time to look back at some previous posts, you will see nothing but members criticising the EA. As soon as a female comes along and gives you a piece of information that could have been gathered by either looking at the river yourselves or switching on a radio or T.V, you men are about to drop your pants. Have you asked your friend about the huge bonuses that the EA have just paid themselves? Nice to see our increased licence fees are being put to good use!

BrendanS

Visit site

How many congratulatory posts on this thread so far then?

I happen to think that anyone related to maritime professions that wishes to post here, and put their heads above the parapet and get their heads shot off, are most welcome, and there is a list of distinguished members who set the precedence, and have always been most welcome

The fact that Angela is a female is irrelevant. She is in the organisation, and she is posting here. If she'd been an Andy, the response would have been the same.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk

[ QUOTE ]
I have never come across so many male chauvinist hypocrites in all my life. If you take the time to look back at some previous posts, you will see nothing but members criticising the EA. As soon as a female comes along and gives you a piece of information that could have been gathered by either looking at the river yourselves or switching on a radio or T.V, you men are about to drop your pants. Have you asked your friend about the huge bonuses that the EA have just paid themselves? Nice to see our increased licence fees are being put to good use!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we really need well informed, diplomatic peeps like you on this Forum like a hole in the bilges!

A year ago we had no Thames Forum, now we have. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif A year ago we had no communication with the EA, now we have. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif A year ago you didnt post here - now you do. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Who are you anyway? Very sparse info on Bio - Hmmmm South Stoke - now who lives there that has a weird sense of humour? Photographic Model eh? Not exactly of sunny disposition though.........

The word Troll is beginning to penetrate my sub-conscious.........

pheran

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm South Stoke - now who lives there that has a weird sense of humour?

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site

>>>
gives you a piece of information that could have been gathered by either looking at the river yourselves
>>>

Er, I live 55 miles from the bit of the river where I keep the boat. The boat is on a midstream mooring. Useful folk here giving advice on the state of the river (very experienced river users too) make a difference to driving 55 miles to see that the boat is inaccessible or cannot be safely brought into the club hard.

The sensible people here are not risk averse public officials worried about being sued or held responsible, they tell it like the see if from their journeys to work, or even looking out of the window. As for the radio or TV and state of the river, well we all know that journalists tell it like it is and never exaggerate. How fast and high are "very very very fast and very very high"? Much more useful is 3 knot stream, 2' up from normal summer levels and only 12' under Windsor Bridge.

byron

RIP
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm South Stoke - now who lives there that has a weird sense of humour?

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleeding 'ell Chris, not you too. I haven't got a clue who Beryl is. Only Beryl I know is Beryl Reid, she used to live on the river but she's passed on... god rest her happy soul.

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk

In no way was I being chauvenistic - a simple thankyou and appreciation for the information provided from me who knows exactly, first hand, about the recent pressures on some of the public services.

Beryl; time of the month maybe???

nickcred

Visit site

Well at least we all now know that we are a bunch of male chauvinist hypocrites lol. There was me thinking we were boaters looking out for each other and providing information and advice. Silly old chauvinistic me /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Must phone SWMBO now make sure she has finished ironing my shirts.

pheran

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Bleeding 'ell Chris, not you too. I haven't got a clue who Beryl is. Only Beryl I know is Beryl Reid, she used to live on the river but she's passed on... god rest her happy soul.

[/ QUOTE ] Well, you're the man on the spot and the best way to clear your name is to hunt this Beryl down and expose her. Should be relatively easy - with views like her's, shes bound to be the spitting image of Germaine Greer /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

angelaquayle

Visit site

Thank you all for giving me a boost - I've been laughing for about 10 minutes!

It's been a pleasure to pass on some info - I always feel we can do more.

We now have yellow boards at Boulter’s, Bray, Boveney, Romney, Old Windsor, Bell Weir, Molesey and Teddington. main message is to check your route is red board free before you set off - infoline is being maintained as usual.

We had an incident last night in lower thames where a narrowboat had to be rescued - navigating against our advice and in the dark - bad news.

I haven't got a comment on the bonuses.

byron

RIP
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
>>>
and in the dark
>>>
5 gets you 4 with no nav lights?

[/ QUOTE ]
On the wrong side of the river too I'll wager /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk

[ QUOTE ]
shes bound to be the spitting image of Germaine Greer /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm; might be worthwhile popping into the Perch&Pike and asking for a Beryl??

byron

RIP
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shes bound to be the spitting image of Germaine Greer /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm; might be worthwhile popping into the Perch&Pike and asking for a Beryl??

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there last night until late, it was pointed out to me that no one in the village can read & write. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Naah! Beryl is a Troll. I have several suspects in mind.

Chris_d

Visit site

Beryl is real alright and very local to us byron, haven't a clue who she is though. She claims to work for some official organisation with access to all sorts of information.

byron

RIP
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Beryl is real alright and very local to us byron, haven't a clue who she is though. She claims to work for some official organisation with access to all sorts of information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well she's to ashamed to do a profile (maybe a NB owner?).