JOG 2016

Judders

Visit site
80 entries for Saturday we are told!

Given that there were only 63 entered last Friday, that's a whole class of late entries for the office to sort out.

Racecruiser

Visit site
Well the Nab race had a bit of everything from prolonged calm to raging rain squall - pretty exciting as it came in on the broad reach from Nab to Winner and our trusty craft peaked at 11.9 knots (ok we do have a small over-read on the speedo) which felt fast in non-surfing conditions. The broach before then was definitely not fast as it took a while to get the boat back under the rig. We felt a possible good result was on with line honours in Class 6 by quite a long way but ended up 7th on adjusted comprehensively beaten by Concession a Contessa 26 which finished 62 mins after us and then a bevy of Impalas and an Oyster 26! A day for the lower raters you could say.

Possible record turnout for JOG with 87 entries across the 4 classes.

flaming

Visit site
Does JOG publish entry lists? Am curious as to who we're lined up against for the race to Yarmouth!

Racecruiser

Visit site
Does JOG publish entry lists? Am curious as to who we're lined up against for the race to Yarmouth!

No not on the website but the entries come out to owners by email with SIs etc 7-8 days before the race, then updated a day or two before. The Yarmouth w/e is usually a popular one. Probably run into you there!

flaming

Visit site
No not on the website but the entries come out to owners by email with SIs etc 7-8 days before the race, then updated a day or two before. The Yarmouth w/e is usually a popular one. Probably run into you there!

I expect so! We'll be the ones getting drunk enough to forget that we're trying to sleep 8 people in a boat with berths for 6.

Racecruiser

Visit site
I expect so! We'll be the ones getting drunk enough to forget that we're trying to sleep 8 people in a boat with berths for 6.

We'll have 5 on board which means 2 being cosy in the aft cabin and 5 kitbags which seem to take up as much room as another person. Anyway SIs and entry list out - 59 boats so far.

flaming

Visit site
..... and 5 kitbags which seem to take up as much room as another person.

5 toothbrushes and clean undies...? ;-)

Fleet looks interesting, but if the forecast comes true and they sail the set out course I can't see us placing well on a mostly reaching course when half the fleet are J's and the rest Sunfasts!

olly_love

Visit site
5 toothbrushes and clean undies...? ;-)

Fleet looks interesting, but if the forecast comes true and they sail the set out course I can't see us placing well on a mostly reaching course when half the fleet are J's and the rest Sunfasts!

you let them all have their own toothbrush?
we have one cut down one with half the brissels removed that they can all use to save the weight!

Judders

Visit site
Well the biggest (drinking) weekend of the year is nearly upon us!

Should be a cracker. Having missed St Vaast we're keen to get back into it even if it us going to mostly be an uptide slog.

flaming

Visit site
Well the biggest (drinking) weekend of the year is nearly upon us!

Should be a cracker. Having missed St Vaast we're keen to get back into it even if it us going to mostly be an uptide slog.

Looking forward to it, even if the forecast doesn't suit us!

Judders

Visit site
No, it doesn't look like it'll suit us but in one sense we are lucky that there is only one asymmetric boat in our class, a plywood bilge keeler at that, an RM890 I believe it's called.

However, some symmetric boats are better on a reach than others so I'd expect Raffles and Blazer (Laser 28) to fare better than we might.

olly_love

Visit site
No, it doesn't look like it'll suit us but in one sense we are lucky that there is only one asymmetric boat in our class, a plywood bilge keeler at that, an RM890 I believe it's called.

However, some symmetric boats are better on a reach than others so I'd expect Raffles and Blazer (Laser 28) to fare better than we might.

Easy results to predict for class 6

Wooper
Raffels
Concession
Blaser
Polly

flaming

Visit site
I'm suspecting an all J podium in our class. Certainly if I had my pick of any of the boats for that forecast I'd take the J88.