jetskis on BBC this am

Elessar

Visit site
BBC1 this morning has a thread running about jetskis, the reporter learns to ride one. On a lake so no wake issues but interesting to watch the wake at different speeds and his comment "it gets easier as you dare to go faster". Seems it's going to repeat so tune in.
(before I get flamed I've no connection with jetskis and am in no way trying to defend their often poor behaviour, just interesting to learn something about a craft we all tend to criticise)

Elessar

Visit site
what do you mean no wake issues.on a lake?I have seen them on the lakes hitting fowl ,swamping nests apart from corroding the banks.ok if they stick to the middle,some hope
you didn't watch it then. Thanks for the pointless rant, I thought some might be interested! (gravel pit that seemed to be dedicated to jetskis)

Fire99

Visit site
I'm interested. I'll see if I can check it out on iPlayer.

Jetski's / Jetbikes are an easy target to get a slating cause they're quite shouty 'look at me' things. Which isn't necessarily bad.

There are other ways though to be an annoying watersport participant :)

Jezlyn

Visit site
I'm interested. I'll see if I can check it out on iPlayer.

Jetski's / Jetbikes are an easy target to get a slating cause they're quite shouty 'look at me' things. Which isn't necessarily bad.

There are other ways though to be an annoying watersport participant :)

You can find the link on the BBC News website. The item is about a 15 year old lad who is the British Jetski Champion and is going to the World Championships in America - not just another waterborne ASBO, but someone we should be proud of.

drawkins

Visit site
NO I didn't watch it.I was responding to the facts in your posting.If you had made it clear I could have avoided my" pointless rant"Amazing how rude posters can get so quickly
Not everyone has a T.V. we got rid of ours in 1967 when our black and white failed.

Elessar

Visit site
Amazing how rude posters can get so quickly

Criticism accepted with apologies.

I thought it was interesting, a really talented, modest 15 year old. The funny thing is the way he dismissed the sit on type jetski as a bit pointless, so there are even 2 camps in jetskis. It did get me thinking that I've never been buzzed by the stand up type, as they obviously require skill to ride. Never considered that before. Also was surprised that the wake was virtually nil wil the 15 year old tearing along, and with the reporter going slowly as he was learning it was more significant.