Jetski in the Med

Hurricane

Visit site
A few weeks ago, I put this video together.
Several clips from our first season with our Seadoo Jetski
Not a new one but everyone that drives it comes in with a huge grin on their face.

Currently it lives on JW's bathing platform so, at the moment, we travel with a Dinghy on the flybridge and a Jetski on the bathing platform.

Last summer in Mallorca, most of the time we used the dinghy but when the conditions were right - out came the toy.

or for full screen - this link
https://www.youtube.com/embed/baxSZH9cIaQ

Hurricane

Visit site
Looks like great fun! What's that doing, about 50mph?

No - SWMBO holds our record - 70MPH

The speed is shown on the Jetski's instruments - driven from a simple log wheel at the stern so make your own conclusion about the actual speed.
We consider it to be accurate.
50 MPH or 70 MPH - it wouldn't matter if you fell off at that speed it would hurt!!
I've been on the back of it (and I'm not light - take that as meaning I'm a fat git) with someone else driving at 65 MPH.
That was pretty frightening - I can tell you.

MapisM

Visit site
According to boattest.com, the thing can make 54 knots (=62mph!) at 7800 rpm.
Further details in this webpage, but you must be registered (which is FoC anyway) to see it:
http://www.boattest.com/boats/boat_video.aspx?ID=1803#Test-Result

I must admit that as much as I have a soft spot for speed on the water, I'm not sure I would dare pushing her above 50kts in anything but a dead calm surface...!
Hurric, doesn't she get a bit scary, when crossing at speed some irregular wakes, as for instance a navigation wake popping out of nowhere?
Regardless, that's great fun for sure, if handled with a pinch of salt. And I suppose that acceleration must be as impressive as speed, btw!

Edit: Doh! I was checking boattest website while writing this post, and I was actually replying to Nigelpickin post before seeing yours.... :)

Last edited:

paultallett

www.caymanreef.co.uk
I remember my days as a jetskiier with many fond memories.

Great fun with mates that took me across the world. One thing for sure, once you're used to the ski, you want it to go faster. Then when she's been tweaked and modded and does another 10mph or so, you need more!! It's like a drug, but you start to spend more and more to gain an extra half or 1 mph........ Then you start racing them :eek:

MrB

Visit site
On water fixed grin hooliganism at it's finest lol. *approve* :encouragement::D