Jester Medal for Roger Taylor

Gargleblaster

Visit site
Jester Medal for Roger!
Monday 25th January 2010

Roger Taylor, single-handed sailor extraordinaire, has been recognised by the Ocean Cruising Club for "an outstanding contribution to the art of single-handed sailing" for his recent voyage, Summer 2009, from Scotland to the Arctic on Mingming.

Peter Whatley, the Awards Chairman, reports the Committee's unanimous decision to award Roger the Jester Medal and invites him to attend the Awards Ceremony at the Royal Thames Yacht Club on March 25th.
[From the Royal Corinthian Yacht Club site].

Congratulations to Roger for winning the medal - only the third time it has been awarded. I would have liked to have seen a little more razzamatazz associated with this award to Roger. But I believe the Ocean Cruising Club who are responsible for the award don't perhaps see it as important. I notice on their website that the last recipient is listed as Pete Hill and well deserved. But the OCC haven't bothered to update the two subsequent winners of it. My personal belief is that the award should be in the hands of the Jester Trust not the OCC and then a proper ceremony could be made of the award in front of people who care about it at the annual Jester Dinner.

But a well deserved award to Roger for his Arctic voyages in a 21 feet junk rigged boat without an engine.

OGITD

Visit site
Well Done!

Roger has my respect and admiration.
Thoroughly enjoy watching his video posts.
Just shows us all what can be achieved.
Well done and congratulations.