January photo competition entries

zlod

Visit site
Post your entries to January Photo comp here please.

Remember photos should be your own work, taken in January and reflect some aspect of the Bristol Channel at this time of year.

There must be some good opportunities for BC-related snow sculptures with the Bristol Channel as a backdrop this month.....

Looking forward to some good entries.

Zlod

zlod

Visit site
Here's two photos that aren't part of the competition as I'm not allowed to win this month!

CIMG2317.jpg

Sailing towards the Exmoor coast with the cruising chute up on New Years Day

CIMG2333.jpg

Sunset over the Exmoor coast on New Years Day

New Years Day was a beautiful day for sailing: flat seas and a useful little breeze; snow lying on the hills to the north of Cardiff and Newport. There seemed to be about 15 boats from Cardiff racing round Flat Holm and quite a lot of fishing boats over the Mid Grounds. It got cold when the sun went down!

I hoisted the cruising chute single-handed for the first time: twice. Yipppeee!

Last edited:

graham

Visit site
Nice one Zlod

You seem to be using your boat more this winter than most of us do in summer. Great pictures as well.

zlod

Visit site
The jury's out on the validity. I like the snowy nature of the shot, but I think a bit of water would "add" to the shot.

At the moment, I'm kind of thinking that unless the Cardiff posse pull something out of the bag in the next few days, then the salt water bredren hanging out at Portishead are going to be in a good position to win this one. It looks like Penarth marina has already frozen over....

Richard_Peevor

Visit site
The move to Cardiff worked!! Had the family out on the boat today - gorgeous day and the kids loved it! Result - Here's to more sailing this year... Not aiming to win a competition - just pleased to be out!

Last edited:

graham

Visit site
PICTURES

Love the spotted pink shoes .Can I get a large pair in Marine Scene :)

Seriously though.Glad the move has worked for u and the family is enjoying it.Having the sheltered bay to play on certainly increases the number of useable days.

graham

Visit site
The jury's out on the validity. I like the snowy nature of the shot, but I think a bit of water would "add" to the shot.

At the moment, I'm kind of thinking that unless the Cardiff posse pull something out of the bag in the next few days, then the salt water bredren hanging out at Portishead are going to be in a good position to win this one. It looks like Penarth marina has already frozen over....

Maybe the Cardiff Posse are just playing their cards close to their chest,still a bit of month left :)

Team Response

www.yacht-racing.co.uk
Hi All
Have just arrived back from a Newlyn as part of a delivery trip from London Limehouse Marina to Portishead on Response a 12.8 metre racing yacht, more stuff on yacht-racing.co.uk, we stopped of at Lundy Island on Saturday to wait for the tide, weather was great if a bit cold now looking forward to the first race on 6th Febuary. Cheers Kevin

zlod

Visit site
I like Tico's frosty shot best, so over to you Tico.

Team Response> you were a close run second. Any shot of Lundy is likely to be a long way up my list of favourites. I guess your boat is Response in Portishead marina: she looks nice and fast.

Zlod

Inatthedeepend

Visit site
Hi Warwicksail,
Love the photo, I took some video of the ice flows going by there last winter.
How about posting your icy photo on the TBC website?
We could do with some more contributions there.
Kev