Jabsco Quiet Flush filter

Bouba

Visit site
Hi everyone
My Jabsco quiet flush electric toilet has a pump to draw in seawater and a filter..,I think it’s the round thing in the photo

Sorry it’s out of focus but it’s in a dark place and I was in a hurry.
I think I should clean this…but before I do…does anyone have any sage advice…for example…is it a sealed unit ?,,,will I need a new filter first ?.,,should I replace the unit ?.,,is it delicate ?..,is there a trick to open it ?
The boat is out the water…so no danger of sinking 😀😳

Zing

Visit site
Don’t risk breaking a fingernail or spilling nasty seawater everywhere. I can see in spite of your fuzzy picture that the steel mesh filter is fine. If you must, then it’s a minor job to unscrew the lid, rinse it and refit.

Bouba

Visit site
Don’t risk breaking a fingernail or spilling nasty seawater everywhere. I can see in spite of your fuzzy picture that the steel mesh filter is fine. If you must, then it’s a minor job to unscrew the lid, rinse it and refit.
Is it worth putting some thread sealer on it when replacing the lid...it’s mounted sideways rather than upright...?

Zing

Visit site
Is it worth putting some thread sealer on it when replacing the lid...it’s mounted sideways rather than upright...?
Oh! I was looking at the other one on the right. In any event if you remove the lid I’m sure you will see all the sealing is done with a rubber seal, so the thread will not get wet and not need sealing.

Bouba

Visit site
Oh! I was looking at the other one on the right. In any event if you remove the lid I’m sure you will see all the sealing is done with a rubber seal, so the thread will not get wet and not need sealing.
I only noticed the one on the right when I posted the photo 😱....tomorrow I will inspect it to see what it’s connected to

Moonbeam

Visit site
I think the one on the right is your fresh water tank filter.

The one on the left (seawater to toilet flush) does look a little clogged up from the photo.

Close seawater intake seacock to heads, unscrew lid (bowl underneath to catch seawater), clear debris, clean mesh filter under a tap, pop mesh filter back in and re-screw lid back on. The lid can be a bit stiff to undo.

It should not need or want thread sealer.

Bouba

Visit site

The one on the left (seawater to toilet flush) does look a little clogged up from the photo.

Close seawater intake seacock to heads, unscrew lid (bowl underneath to catch seawater), clear debris, clean mesh filter under a tap, pop mesh filter back in and re-screw lid back on. The lid can be a bit stiff to undo.

Thanks for that....yes after studying the pipes in the photo I concluded that as well...so tomorrow I will check that filter as well 👍👍👍

Bouba

Visit site

Moonbeam
Have a look at this selection of filters from google images...

Now have a look again at my boat...

Do you notice anything odd ?....a little upside down perhaps ?

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Ok......according to my research....it can go in any orientation
Blimey, talk about making a meal of it !!!

You show two filters in your pictures, the one that says Jabsco on it is likely to be the heads inlet. But no matter, they both work the same way, unscrew the top, clean inside and the gauge, screw the top back on. If you use thread sealant you will have trouble getting it apart next time, don't use it.

Bouba

Visit site
The Jabsco Pumpgard is now clean and refitted....no issues with it...the water pump guard filter has been cleaned (it was actually very clean to start with...not yet reinstalled as the wife informed me we were late for our lunch reservation at the beach restaurant....so will do that after lunch.
My plan is to replace the hose for the sea water flush...so I will buy some today...perhaps just do the bit from the thru hull to the Pumpgard as that is the most accessible

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
The Jabsco Pumpgard is now clean and refitted....no issues with it...the water pump guard filter has been cleaned (it was actually very clean to start with...not yet reinstalled as the wife informed me we were late for our lunch reservation at the beach restaurant....so will do that after lunch.
My plan is to replace the hose for the sea water flush...so I will buy some today...perhaps just do the bit from the thru hull to the Pumpgard as that is the most accessible
It's the bit after the bog you should worry about replacing.