Italy to Greece

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I think Vic meant checking in. Certainly I've never been asked to pay for clearing out of Greece.

Richard

I think that we had to pay €15 to check out last year - plus they stamped everything that moved including the crew list I had just cobbled together. You are actually not required to have a crew list under the new Port Police arrangements - but it just easier if you do. They seem happy for you to create a new one in front of them.
EDIT: They require a list of crew but it can be in your log book if you want. However if they want to stamp it is easier to have the appropriate paper work if you are exiting.

As for Insurance, it is essential to have one certificate in Greek - they will not look at anything else.

Schengen Area: If you are a british citizen you are not part of the schengen area. You must therefore log in through a port of entry.

macd

Visit site
Schengen Area: If you are a british citizen you are not part of the schengen area. You must therefore log in through a port of entry.

No citizen is "part of the Schengen area", although many British citizens are residents of it.
But if travelling directly from one part of the Schengen area to another, and legitimately present in the part travelled from, there's no need to log in to the part travelled to. *
Schengen applies, of course, to people. Different rules may apply for Means of Transport (and do for leisure craft entering Greece).

* I might add that in much of Europe, parts of Schengen included, citizens are required to carry ID which may be subject to routine checks by officials. In the case of a Brit, that ID would usually be a passport. However this has nothing specifically to do with crossing borders.

Last edited:

Chris_Robb

Visit site
No citizen is "part of the Schengen area", although many British citizens are residents of it.
But if travelling directly from one part of the Schengen area to another, and legitimately present in the part travelled from, there's no need to log in to the part travelled to.
Schengen applies, of course, to people. Different rules may apply for Means of Transport (and do for leisure craft entering Greece).

Of course! understood.

tudorsailor

zebahdy.blogspot.co.uk
Dear Hornblower

We to plan to sail from Gruz across to Otranto and then next day down to Corfu. We will do this in the first week or two of April. When are you making the trip?

We are wintering in ACI Dubrovnik

Tudorsailor

sailaboutvic

Visit site
But if travelling directly from one part of the Schengen area to another, and legitimately present in the part travelled from, there's no need to log in to the part travelled to. *

* I might add that in much of Europe, parts of Schengen included, citizens are required to carry ID which may be subject to routine checks by officials. In the case of a Brit, that ID would usually be a passport. However this has nothing specifically to do with crossing borders.
This is how understand it ,
Other then Croatia I have never checked in any where , some still think they need to check into Malta and call them up 12 MN and again 3 NM , not so .

semisimple

Visit site
We did the reverse in July last year. As others have said once you've got a DEKPA there's absolutely no need to visit the port police at every stop.

Also if you don't have any particular reason to get to Corfu quickly stop over on the small island of Othonoi. It was the highlight of our trip. It'll also break up the journey.

You won't have any issues arriving in, say, Othonoi before going to Corfu, lots of the Italian cruisers hop over regularly.

Your only issue is if you have a non EU national on board...

A few photos here...

https://insearchofithaca.wordpress.com/2015/07/18/paradise-in-the-ionian-2/

Last edited:

Olianta

Visit site
I think that we had to pay €15 to check out last year - plus they stamped everything that moved including the crew list I had just cobbled together. You are actually not required to have a crew list under the new Port Police arrangements - but it just easier if you do. They seem happy for you to create a new one in front of them.
EDIT: They require a list of crew but it can be in your log book if you want. However if they want to stamp it is easier to have the appropriate paper work if you are exiting.

As for Insurance, it is essential to have one certificate in Greek - they will not look at anything else.

I checked out in Messolonghi last September, no tax paid.
Though you spend half an hour.
Rumen