Isnt it time for a Wiltshire meet ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visit site
That's near as dammit in Oxfordshire, and a long haul. Perhaps there'll be some takers for a wee bit further south? Like Marlborough or Avebury....?

The thing is, where are peeps located, who'd care to come along? I'm between Bath and Bradford-on-Avon. BrendanS is somewhere just north of Chippenham.

Input?

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jimi

Visit site
OK what about somewhere near Devizes then? You suggest sumfink then, the rationale was that it was very close to the M4 and might be accessible to loadsapeeps

Visit site
OK, OK, keep your hair on, James the Younger!

...just trying to get an idea whereabouts people would willingly come from - vide Sailfree's post.

Could joiners and lurkers alike indicate preferred 'zone' - N,S,E,W? Whatever....

Sailfree

Visit site
I'm off on hols on 14th but will try to make the 12th if its not too far. I live Southampton but can call in if not too far from M4 (reading) A33 to Basingstoke then M3. Yes I know I'm really a Hampshire boy but I can bring my passport to get into Wiltshire.

All of course providing Jimi don't plant that kiss that Dan refered to.

Sailfree

Visit site
I accept that I am just a hampshire interloper but if I have a chance to make it I would appreciate a decision where it will be.

If the Mallet Arms that other famous hampshire interloper "cutter" has been known to turn up albeit in disgraceful motorcycle attire!!

ChrisKaye

www.photobox.co.uk
hello Hampshire interloper
Mallet Arms was nice pub but took me bl@@dy ages to to/from.
I've had a look at map on my wall and plonked pen into the middle of Wiltshire. Landed on Pewsey. Dont know anywhere Pewsey but nice pub in Market Lavington Ive been to but forgotten name, will rememer when I have some beer tonight. What do people think ??

Visit site

ChrisKaye

www.photobox.co.uk
How about the The Royal Oak, 11 High St, Easterton, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 4PE 01380 812343. Havent been there for a while, but remember it as being a nice place with good parking. Also its equidistant Jimi/Brendan/BilboB/me (sorry Hampshire interloper, but cant' u get to Jimi's and he can drive)

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
user reviews of the Royal Oak, Devizes

Royal Oak

please note - reviews on this site are purely the opinion of site visitors, so don't take them too seriously.

"There are too many pubs in Devizes: this is one that should be closed down. Nasty.
Report this for removal"
TA010929 - 14 Aug 2006 22:56

"OK, has a pool table, recently changed hands a few times so not as good as it was 17-07-05
Report this for removal"
gphl - 17 Jul 2005 14:29

"Very ordinary.
Report this for removal"
moonraker - 19 Apr 2005 11:25

[/ QUOTE ]

Fuller's? In Wadworth's home town? Shurely shome mishtake....?

Visit site
Happy to see you there ( The Bell Inn ) 'cos I'm getting 'drouthie'.... About 8:00?

Sorry this is a late response - I've been clearing up lots of small debris all day. I'll check in again tomorrow/Wed for any late changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.