Is this the boat that was abandoned at Fareham some time ago?

clb1970

Visit site
No idea, but there is no way I'd buy from him/them.

I hate that some people put so little effort into their adverts on eBay.

He/they are looking to sell this boat and make some money, surely the 5 minutes or so spent checking the advert, punctuating it, correcting the grammer would help enourmously towards the possibility of a sale. Some may say it's snobbery, but I believe a lack of care in this sort of thing suggests a lack of care in the product offered.

I understand that he/they may have dyslexia or other literacy problem, but when there are so many freely available spell-checking and proofing tools around it shouldn't be an excuse.

Sorry to thread divert, but it's early and I'm grumpy in the mornings! (As I have just been told by my wife!)

reginaldon

Visit site
No idea, but there is no way I'd buy from him/them.

I hate that some people put so little effort into their adverts on eBay.

He/they are looking to sell this boat and make some money, surely the 5 minutes or so spent checking the advert, punctuating it, correcting the grammer would help enourmously towards the possibility of a sale. Some may say it's snobbery, but I believe a lack of care in this sort of thing suggests a lack of care in the product offered.

I understand that he/they may have dyslexia or other literacy problem, but when there are so many freely available spell-checking and proofing tools around it shouldn't be an excuse.

Sorry to thread divert, but it's early and I'm grumpy in the mornings! (As I have just been told by my wife!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"grammer" - no comment

stevebirch2002

www.albinvega.co.uk

Keith 66

Visit site
No sails, needs rerigging, had a stiff on board, sounds like he should be paying someone to take it away for disposal. Good luck for trying though! moral is Caveat emptor.

reginaldon

Visit site
Reginaldon - my sincere apologies, I maligned you. The message was intended for clb1970.

What a bloomer!!?? I double checked as well!

Thanks, you just lowered my blood pressure a notch or two.

Habits die hard. English HOD Ret'd

NB. I didn't get as far as "enourmously"

Last edited: