Is this a good idea

timbad

Visit site
I had one that I used to get the last small amount of water out of the bilges les than 05.L, worked for around 4 times then gave up on me. Too much of a faf to do anything about the 3 year warranty as only cost me £10

Mr Googler

Visit site
I had one that I used to get the last small amount of water out of the bilges les than 05.L, worked for around 4 times then gave up on me. Too much of a faf to do anything about the 3 year warranty as only cost me £10

that’s because it’s a metal cam sort of impeller. Hence you can put warm oil through it etc....Water rusts/seizes it. Ask me how I know that too ???

PeterBoater

Visit site
That's why the manual says it's not for water (at least mine does). If extracting a lot of oil (my sumps are 10 l), the specified duty cycle can be exceeded but then if I stop to let it cool down, the oil cools down too. At the price, I could buy two and use them alternately. So far, exceeding the time hasn't resulted in overheating or damage that I can see.

Rappey

Visit site
Ive had one for quite a few years now.. It leaks a fair bit inside the housing but it still does the job so i can live with it..
I did open it up but doesnt look like something that can be fixed easily.. At 10-12 quid i will just get another when its needed.